What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound??

Rex126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad which I like a lot , got it December. Every things been fine till today. For some reason my volume buttons won't work and my audio does not work as well. When I boot up the iPad, as everything is finishing loading, the sound and volume buttons do work, but then within five seconds just stop responding and not audio. I don't get it. When I double hit the home button the volume slider is there but there is no circle to slide, as if the iPad has no way to output sound. I have tried a hard reset, restore, and turn off and back on. It did not fix the the issue. Any suggestions ???? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

Wesley18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rex126 said:
I have an iPad which I like a lot , got it December. Every things been fine till today. For some reason my volume buttons won't work and my audio does not work as well. When I boot up the iPad, as everything is finishing loading, the sound and volume buttons do work, but then within five seconds just stop responding and not audio. I don't get it. When I double hit the home button the volume slider is there but there is no circle to slide, as if the iPad has no way to output sound. I have tried a hard reset, restore, and turn off and back on. It did not fix the the issue. Any suggestions ???? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

Have you tried the sound lock above the volume switch on the top right side?

OP
R

Rex126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea the sound lock is unlocked :( and I just woke the iPad up right now and had sound/volume control for 2 sec and the it was gone again ..,sigh....

Most reactions