What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earphone jack

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If turning ipad off totally, then back on doesnt work, try hooking it to pc, sync, then try a full factory restore.

Bangladesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with no sound from the earphone jack - speakers work even when the headphone jack is pushed in all the way. I have had my iPad for almost a year and primarily use headphones without a problem until yesterday. I have tried other headphones, ensuring the jack was completely plugged in, adjusted volume control with no luck. I've seen many post about the same problem but no solutions other than what I've already tried. Anyone have any other ideas? First time on this forum. Thanks.

I had the same thing all you do is turn it off then turn it on:p

Bangladesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem iv tried everything everyone said but it doesn't work I had my iPad for three months use the same earphones and one day it doesnt work iv tried the ones that came with it.....no success :p so can anyone help me also for some reason the sound from the speakers are sounding funny plz HELP!!!!

I am slightly puzzled as you say you tried the ones that came with it. But the iPad doesn't come with any earphones, so I was wondering which ones you're referring to? Have you tried them on another device to check that the problem is with the iPad and not with the earphones.

Tim

well i mean the ones that came with an ipod touch well i fixed it anyways by turning it OFF then back ON then it went back to normal :p

Dramaquin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and after turning off the ipad and then turning back on the earphone starts working.

Jrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem. Loose audio jack. Thought it may be too small. Ordered 3.5 mm jack as iPad specifications suggested. It arrived and...was same size as what I had. Looked more carefully at jac and iPad and jack opening. Realizes that "incase" iPad case was impeding hub of audio jack. This impeded seating of audio jack in slot. Took iPad out of case and... Audio jack seated further in opening and became tightly seated. Earphones worked perfectly. External sound turned off. Then took incase case and cut away small section which impeded jack from being seated properly. Now I can use the case and my earphones.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No issues here...

I tried with three different pairs of cans and not a problem, the mini plug goes until the end and they are recognized by my iThingie as headphones.
I used a standard iPod white ones (not great sound), Akai semipro cans (the best sound) and even a 3connector official Samsung Wave headset with mic:
It's working! Lucky me.

MacGliss @ iPad first gen. 64GB WiFi 3G. :ipad-back:

Last edited:

ckuyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to increase volume

I was able to use headphones, but was unable to get volume high enough to hear an audio book while in the car, when not using headphones (more than one listener). My volume lock in settings is not on. Question: How to increase volume beyond highest setting using external toggle.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The built-in speaker is ruB3ish! Try an external amp/aux input in your car (cable from the earphone plug) o maybe some bluetooth device. Not sure about that.

MacMixtikl

Last edited:

ckuyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
input jack

Thanks for the suggestion, but are you in cahoots with my husband? ha ha He has been wanting a new radio for his truck that would have that capability. Guess we will go shopping. He says thanks, also. :)

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ckuyk said:
Thanks for the suggestion, but are you in cahoots with my husband? ha ha He has been wanting a new radio for his truck that would have that capability. Guess we will go shopping. He says thanks, also. :)

You are welcome! Nice shopping 2! ;) MacDriver

Scapanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Headphone socket not working

Definitely fixed this problem by a simple reboot of the iOS. Tried everything else then read this website, tried the reboot and hey presto t works as before. Thanks iPadForums I was out of warranty and getting worried.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great!

This is becoming a golden rule:

In case of trouble, REBOOT!
:)

Uh, and welcome to the forums Scapanes.

MacLaDiDa

Most reactions