What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No service and yet Wi-Fi still works?

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am still using iOS 7.

The other day I noticed that at the top left corner of the screen where the Wi-Fi
Icon is located, the icon shows that I have maximum Wi-Fi reception, yet just to the left of that icon are the words, "No Service".

My Wi -Fi works perfectly, so can anyone please explain why this is so?

Regards

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All fixed.

The problem was that I had Data Roaming turned on and at the same time I had an out of date/ invalid SIM card inserted. Poor old girls got a bit confused, or was that me? :)

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am still using iOS 7.

The other day I noticed that at the top left corner of the screen where the Wi-Fi
Icon is located, the icon shows that I have maximum Wi-Fi reception, yet just to the left of that icon are the words, "No Service".

My Wi -Fi works perfectly, so can anyone please explain why this is so?

Regards
Do you have a WiFi + cellular iPad with an inactive SIM card? This would explain the no service message next to the WiFi signal strength indicator.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All fixed.

The problem was that I had Data Roaming turned on and at the same time I had an out of date/ invalid SIM card inserted. Poor old girls got a bit confused, or was that me? :)

Regards

Yep. The No Service bit is all about cellular. It doesn't affect your wi-fi.

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. The No Service bit is all about cellular. It doesn't affect your wi-fi.
Thanks for your response. it was only by shear luck that I guessed the answer. :)

Now if I could only "guess" a successful outcome to all the problems that members appear to be having with the 8 x x iOS update, I would REALLY be happy.

regards

Most reactions

Latest posts