What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No notifications for gmail email

mrsburney83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have 3 separate email accounts on my Ipad. 1 Exchange and 2 Gmail. I will only receive notifications when I receive Exchange email. I have the notifications on for the other two gmail accounts but the only time I see a new email is when I actually go into the mail function and manually refresh. Any help provided will be appreciated. Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you say that you have the notifications on for all 3 emails? Sorry, I couldn't tell from what you stated. If not, make sure that all 3 under settings. You can determine how you want the notification to appear and with or without sound. Hope that helps.

Also, if you have the email setting as fetch manually --but going into the app and manually updating...than I don't think that the notification will work for the ones that are fetched like that. Does that make sense?:)

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Yeah, sounds like you have manually fetch set for the gmail accounts. Why not set all the accounts as exchange?

seroposi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this with my 2 gmail accs. I have my settings set to to Fetch every 15mins but I also have the Push option set to Push. I no longer have to open email to get notifications of new emails on either ipad or iphone.

Regards

OP
mrsburney83

mrsburney83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all. I already had it set for push mail but once I changed the fetch time to 15 minutes I did start receiving the notifications. Thanks for all the help.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

Great to hear that you came right. What next? Read some of these links below :p

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts