What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more credit card, how to use itunes and the appstore?

Surfinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
My credit card has been stolen, so I inactivated it. As a result, I can't download any app from the Appstore nor anything from the iTunes store. Even free apps are impossible to download, as iTunes requires a valid credit card number.

I will receive a new card from my bank within a week, but in the mean time I still want to be able to download free apps. How can I do?

I know how to create a new iTunes account without credit card by selecting "None" in the payment options, but I don't want to create a new account.
The problem is that with my current account, when I try to modify the payment option, the "None" tick box is not present. iTunes only requires new credit card data. How can I have "None" appearing in the payment option on a already created iTunes/appStore account ?!!!

Thank you very much in advance

Best wishes for the new year

Surfinette

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app store seems to be acting up right now. That alone may be the issue. Waiting until later may help.
One idea I had was buying an iTunes gift card and entering that under "redeem", that may allow your account to be active enough to be able to download even free apps.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only use iTunes gift cards now since my Amex was compromised through iTunes. You have to load the card through your computer to do it or at
Least that,s the only way I could get it to work.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I nuked all credit card info from my iTunes and have used only gift cards for months.

I've loaded them only through iPad. (Go to iTunes on iPad; open a tab and scroll to bottom to add a gift card number with the "Redeem" function.)

OP
S

Surfinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for you answers.
I just find it so stupid that you can create a new account without credit card or gift card (the iPad is perfectly usable with free apps only), but you can't suddenly decide, once your account is created, that you won't use a credit or gift card anymore!...

Most reactions