What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO icons displayed on ipad2 screen except newsstand icon

sameep007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first of all sorry if i posted in wrong forum.

my problem is

about a week ago due to inactivity of some apps i restarted my ipad. THen after that my ipad didnt start. it stuck on apple logo..

i tried hard reset by pressing sleep wake and home button. and tried to restore but it didnot worked either (error 3194 when tried to restore via ipsw file). then i used tiny umbrella and ifunbox to enter var folder

.the i deleted the files with extention .plist . moreover i renamed mobile_Library_Caches_com.apple.mobile.installatio n.bak which was earlier in plist file i guess (dont remember).

then my screen turned on but there was no icon except newsstand icon

i tried updating to ios 7 , restore but didnt worked. 3294 error .

since my screen is turned on. and no icons on my ipad . i am just trying to install apps but couldnot

for installing apps i tried using ifunbox . but didnot worked. my ipad has wifi connection though

so i am seeking for help desperately and my i pad is jailbroken with ios 6

any help would be appreciated

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum sameep007. Yes you are in the wrong forum, as you appear to be aware, but that is easily rectified. As your iPad is jailbroken I will transfer your thread to the iPad Hacking forum where you stand a better chance of having your issue answered.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid the only recommendation I can give you is to restore your iPad to iOS 7.0.4 by following the steps outlined in this tutorial by moderator f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

You'll be on an un-jail breakable (for now) iOS version, but at least your iPad will be useable.

I believe that, with all them.list deleting you've done, you've "damaged" the iOS you currently have on the iPad.

So, follow the tutorial as written and you should end up on the latest iOS (iOS 7.0.4).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
S

sameep007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank u so much

thank u so much for your help.
i updated to ios 7.0.4 . and its working fine.

the device now is jailed...
missing jailbreak a lot

thank u once again so so much

Most reactions

Latest posts