What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No ATT 3G coverage.

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to get the ATT unlimited plan, but there is no ATT 3g in Montana. What would be the next step> I am thinking about Verizon Mifi and maybe one of the Verizon's "smart phones" ?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I tried to get the ATT unlimited plan, but there is no ATT 3g in Montana. What would be the next step> I am thinking about Verizon Mifi and maybe one of the Verizon's "smart phones" ?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

the virizon Mifi is a stand alone thing that you pay monthly data fees for. You would be paying twice as much at the att 3G data plan for the iPad and have to sign a 2 year agreement. Verizon also no longer offers an unlimited plan for the MiFi's.

You could get a Verizon android phone and make it share its internet via wifi with your iPad but make sure you know that while you do this the battery on the phone will drain super quick and you will have to find some place to plug into A/C and charge it back up.

another option that may not be something your considering would be to get the ATT 3G unlimited iPad data plan if you somehow can get them to give it to you. Even if you have no 3G in your area you will probably get an Edge connection until ATT rolls out 3G in your area.

I would try and get the ATT 3G Unlimited and see if you get an Edge connection at your house. Test it out for a month and you have no commitment to stay with ATT since its prepaid.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason people drain the battery so quickly while using their Android phone as a hotspot is by default the WiFi Tether application keeps the screen turned on, which of course drains the battery immensely. No one seems to realize that you can actually lock the phone while the WiFi tether is going with no issues, which then makes it just about as battery draining as surfing the net on your phone.

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. My Wifi works great at home and work, but the 3g was going to away from both, which isnt often...but needed.

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My business is close to a tower with good 3G .. my home 12mi out of town gets sh/t for a signal. I would not knowingly settle for EDGE. I would sell my iPad if I had to settle for that.. as bad as dialup.

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.... and Matth3w: You expose yourself as a the fool for posting such disrespectful crap at the end of you postings.

It seems crass and discourteous accompanies Fat & Lazy as the new American standard. Little wonder the Chinese build almost everything we purchase.

OP
MTFire33

MTFire33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a Verizon Mifi, and it works well, so far data usage isnt bad and I think the 5g limit is workable. By the way the cost is $60 a month.

Most reactions