What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATT Unlimited Plan Extended.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just called ATT on the phone and they said due to iPad shortages ATT is extending the availability of the 3g Unlimited data plan for users that still want to sign up for it. He didnt say how long they extended it for.

2n Productions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called ATT on the phone and they said due to iPad shortages ATT is extending the availability of the 3g Unlimited data plan for users that still want to sign up for it. He didnt say how long they extended it for.

Really?! This was a verbal confirmation with a service rep tho. Is there any documentation that it has been extended? If it was extended, you'd think it would be all over the news by now.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Verbal confermation and I saw writen post from ATT 2 or 3 days ago saying that the know there is an ipad shortage and people who want 3g can sign up and they were working to get things sorted out.

Then the rep on the phone today said that it was extended.

But no I have not seen any written documentation from att saying it is in fact extended.

**edit***
New York times is saying that it is being extended if you purchased the iPad before June 7th but didnt have it in hand due to shipping or what ever they are allowing you to still sign up for unlimited 3G. http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/04/short-supply-of-ipad-3g-spurs-att-discussions/

Last edited:

2n Productions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verbal confermation and I saw writen post from ATT 2 or 3 days ago saying that the know there is an ipad shortage and people who want 3g can sign up and they were working to get things sorted out.

Then the rep on the phone today said that it was extended.

But no I have not seen any written documentation from att saying it is in fact extended.

**edit***
New York times is saying that it is being extended if you purchased the iPad before June 7th but didnt have it in hand due to shipping or what ever they are allowing you to still sign up for unlimited 3G.

Yeah, I saw the same thing, that it was extended from June 6th to June 7th.

It'd be awesome if they do extend it but unfortunately I haven't seen or heard anything.

2n Productions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went on the AT&T website and they've already removed the unlimited plan.

Maybe the extension refers only for customers that've pre-ordered?

Last edited:

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
I just went on the AT&T website and they've already removed the unlimited plan.

Maybe the extension refers only for customers that've pre-ordered?

Yes, that is correct. You must have ordered the iPad by midnight on 6/7. My iPad #1 is arriving tomorrow and my iPad #2 is arriving on 6/24. Both will be eligible for unlimited because they were ordered from the Apple Store before 6/7.

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

Been wondering something all day. I got my 64GB 3g last Tuesday from a local Bestbuy. It was not a pre-order. Just walked off of the street. The sales person said they got them in last weekend. They had sold out of the 32GB 3g and had I think about 14 of the 64GB 3g left. I got a sealed one and was like the unboxing videos on the net. So no one had this before me...

Here is a question...When I signed up today for 3g. It had three options.

$15 Dollars - 250mb
$25 Dollars - 2GB.
$30 Dollars - Unlimited.

The Unlimited was checked. Ok let see if they will accept it... AT&T did! So I am on unlimited until I stop I guess... Any one run into this??? I though it was only if you bought or ordered it before the 6/7....

Last edited:
Reaction score
My question would be, if I'm on the unlimited plan, then after x month decide to not have 3G for a while. Then, after a while I sign up for 3G again, will I still have unlimited as an option, or only the new limited plans available?

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
My question would be, if I'm on the unlimited plan, then after x month decide to not have 3G for a while. Then, after a while I sign up for 3G again, will I still have unlimited as an option, or only the new limited plans available?

Nope, if you ever cancle then you cant sign up for the unlimited plan agian.

ATT is doing the old Bait and switch. get you to sign up, say its no contract but pretty much scare you into never canceling in fear of never getting the plan back.

zeny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe all the 3g ipads currently still have the $30 unlimited plan option, apple will stop giving it until a certain batch of ipads? Can anyone still sign up unlimited plan after they canceled it one time?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've thought about canceling for a month to test that theory, but two things are holding me back.

1) The pre orders for iPhone 4 begin tomorrow and I have many things to sort with ATT over my family plan. Changing unlimited to 2G/limit on two of the phones and keeping it on the others.

2) if I cancel I will be highly PO if I am stuck on the new plan, when i specifically purchased the 3G iPad for the ability to start/stop the plan as advertised. (I personally use over 2G with all my travels and that is without tethering to an iPhone)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think they'll be shortly saying "to avoid the massive hate-storm, class action lawsuits and enough negative press to fill a dump truck, we are extending availability..."

motorman4566

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked mine up on the 10th in Tampa FL and the staff helped me sign up for 3G and the unlimited was option so I got it. It's prob related to the batch of ipads not date

2n Productions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is my main concern. I don't want to risk cancelling it for a month or two and then re activating it only to find that I am now stuck with the new limited plan.

At the very least, they should allow the existing customers with unlimited plan to remain using the unlimited plan as it was intended for.

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know. Mine had three options. So it had info on the 25 dollar plan.

Was a shock to see three entries!

Wonder if that hacker that gained access to the iPad Cell data muck up the rollout of the 25 and killing off the 30 plan???

Will say this... After accessing the net from my office in the field... Was one of those WOW moments like using the iPad for the first time... ^_^

Most reactions

Latest posts