What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Accelerometer, Right?

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
The iPad doesn't have the accelerometer that is in the iPhone, right? On the one hand who cares because it is the worst controller ever. Either it fails because it is just flakey on its own or the developers never put in proper leveling routines. So apps like Labyrinth probably won't work on the iPad?

OP
N

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
Thanks, missed that on the specs I guess! Maybe it was subconscious on my part because I really do hate the accelerometer most times. (Good in Layrinth, awful in most other games, IMHO).

iPadBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teenagerswithaspergers.com
I hope they let us turn it off. The main reason for jailbreaking my iPhone was because I wanted to turn off rotation when I don't need it. For the iPad, it'd be a massive annoyance if I can't use it while laying on my side.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, that almost needs to be a global general preference, although with App override of the global if user says so internally. Not App by App. To me the iPod App is the worst offender when it goes to Landscape, all the nice controls go way and you get that fuggly coverflow.

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True! I was trying to read an ebook on my iPhone last night in bed and it drove me crazy switching between landscape and portrait!!

i do believe that the iphone has a lock perspective feature....think i read about it in maclife or macworld mag.

you should google it.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure glad they implemented this feature, it appears it will come in very handy.

Simo9733

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wrong

The accelerometer is not something Apple has made exclusively for apple products, it is just a sensor. Which works in the same way as a bubble of air in water it will eventually float to the top of the water and the sensor can there by tell the direction. This is a simple way of explaining how it works, the are'nt water in the iPad or the iPhone, but it is properly two gasses with deferent density in a ring. That would be the easiest and cheapest way of making it. It was originally invented in Germany in the 19th century, with the Wasser pass.

GameMeUp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, I love how uneducated this guy is. If you are going to say something stupid, at least make some sense. This was a waste of time. BTW: Neil I don't think that you can make anything better than the accelerometer, so I wouldn't be talking.

Most reactions

Latest posts