What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Procedure to let Apple Store know they are selling a trashed useless App?

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid me. ONCE AGAIN I purchase an App that just doesn't work because it has not been updated by the original developer for latest OS compatibility. I just installed a new App that actually cost me the massive amount of NZD$1.49 (USD 90cents) .... big deal! but it was only after I ran it that I discover it's as dead as a dodo because it has NEVER EVER BEEN UPDATED for the newer OS iterations that have arrived.... It also locks up my iPad Air and is probably only compatible to work on an iPhone 4 that's never every been updated!

Somewhere I read I need to pressure the original writer/developer of the App to fix it but we are dealing with a massive Corporate who are very unlikely to even read an email from me let alone actually care even two hoots...

I guess I can kiss my money bye bye but it's the principal of the whole thing paying for trash and it's making the entire process of owning an Apple device a great big fat joke... Next time I buy an App l'll be saying; "here goes noth'n lets see what mess this makes"...

For the record the App is called: SineBarCalc from a Company called ITAMCO.

Oh well my wee rant over... is there a procedure to let Apple know, or don't they give two hoots either?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
.....I purchase an App that just doesn't work because it has not been updated by the original developer for latest OS compatibility. I just installed a new App that actually cost me the massive amount of NZD$1.49 (USD 90cents) ....

I guess I can kiss my money bye bye but it's the principal of the whole thing paying for trash and it's making the entire process of owning an Apple device a great big fat joke... Next time I buy an App l'll be saying; "here goes noth'n lets see what mess this makes"...

For the record the App is called: SineBarCalc from a Company called ITAMCO......

Hi Morris..... - look at Johanna's link - you might be able to get a refund (has worked for me a couple of times) - also I checked the app on my iPad Store (first pic), and indeed 4 years old and never updated - assume that you are getting a message of 'non-compatiblity' w/ current iOS versions - correct? On their website there is an email name for customer support - doubt that anything would be done but might give it a try? Good luck - Dave :)
IMG_8423.PNG
IMG_8424.PNG

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome response, thanks ever so much you guys who have replied. It's unlikely many people the world over need a SineBar Calculator in this day and age. Sadly though it's that as things move on we're going to see more and software packages and Apps become bricked for all sorts of reasons but it's somewhat unfair to be selling that software if it can't be run! I hope Apple sorts this teeny tiny problem... having a quick way of using sine bar tooling without the long way and doing trigonometry in my hobbytime machinist workshop would be real handy....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If an app you're considering has been updated within the last year, it should still work in the upcoming iOS 11 as Apple is no longer approving updates for 32 bit only apps.

BlingblingPeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you guys ever check the "Last update" time before purchase? I always check to first make sure it's been updated within the past few months before I download.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you guys ever check the "Last update" time before purchase? I always check to first make sure it's been updated within the past few months before I download.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) For myself, I always check the version number and last release date which will impact on my purchase; if a 'free' app, I guess less important since deletion is easy to do in iOS. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

If I'm researching an app for a specific purpose, I almost always check for the last update. I may even go as far as to search for reviews (outside the App Store) and look over the developer's support site. The developer not having a support site (or at least contact information) for a complicated app is often an indicator of how serious they are about maintaining it.

I do this mostly to avoid investing time in an unsupported app rather than saving money.

BlingblingPeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I'm researching an app for a specific purpose, I almost always check for the last update. I may even go as far as to search for reviews (outside the App Store) and look over the developer's support site. The developer not having a support site (or at least contact information) for a complicated app is often an indicator of how serious they are about maintaining it.

I do this mostly to avoid investing time in an unsupported app rather than saving money.

Totally agree, checking support site is a very good point. :)

BlingblingPeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) For myself, I always check the version number and last release date which will impact on my purchase; if a 'free' app, I guess less important since deletion is easy to do in iOS. Dave
Thanks! Love this forum, I had been lurking for some years, finally decided to sign up today.

Most reactions

Latest posts