What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand problem with BBC History Magazine

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 4
Ios 8.1
I deleted and re-downloaded my BBC History magazine that I have a subscription for through ITunes. It does not recognize that I have a subscription. Does not respond to tapping the support button. Only appears as a half page and only in portrait mode.
Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd try deleting it and re-instaling it one more time.

Also, somewhere either in the settings or in the process of trying to make a purchase there should be an option to Restore In-App Purchases/subscription.

That's about all I can help, as I don't have magazine app.

OP
B

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck. Thanks for the advice though. I sent the developer an email.

OP
B

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They suggested I close all running apps, delete and re download as well as
To do this, simply tap on the "Support" button in the top right of the app, then tap on "Restore Purchases" and when prompted, enter your Apple ID password. You should find that the issues you are entitled to change from "Buy" to "Download".
All of which I have done to no avail. Nothing happens when I tap the support button and that button is on the bottom of the app.
The instructions worked on my iPod touch but not on my iPad.

OP
B

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414251667.541367.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It kind of looks like your iPad thinks it's an iPhone app.

I'd send them the follow up information and a screen shot, if you haven't done so already.

I suppose you could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Though I don't hold out much hope for it working.

This will default a lot of your system settings, but will not delete anything or mess with your account settings.

OP
B

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you that it thinks it's an iPhone. I have sent them the screenshot. Their support doesn't work weekends. Ill reset as a last resort.

OP
B

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heard back from support. The answer was to hold iPad in portrait mode. That enabled the support button. When pressed I was then offered the option to restore purchases. Only a problem with iOS 8.1

voluspaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am having the same problem with my BBC History and BBC Music Magazine subscriptions on the iPad (it's an iPad Mini). I can't figure out the solution BostonBill was given as both magazines are only available in portrait mode. No matter how I hold the iPad the Support button does not respond - and even if it did I assume I would be shown just half the screen making the magazine quite cumbersome to read. I have not heard from tech support either from the BBC magazine site or from Apple. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts