What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete archived National Geographic magazines

alice1141

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have apparently been archiving National Geo magazines and now want to delete them. My subscription is through the iTunes newsstand. I do not have an app icon on my iPad "desktop". If I delete the app through the newsstand will that cancel my subscription?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have apparently been archiving National Geo magazines and now want to delete them. My subscription is through the iTunes newsstand. I do not have an app icon on my iPad "desktop". If I delete the app through the newsstand will that cancel my subscription?

Hi there, welcome to iPF!
I hope this link is helpful: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alice, with that good info that J.A. has given you--we hope that it helps to resolve your issue!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not so, please take a look at these manuals:​

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Archived National Geographic magazines cannot be deleted, just like your iTunes purchased list. If your concern is storage space, archived magazines take up no storage space on your device.deleting the app will not cancel your subscription. Your subscription is prepaid and will remain until it expires. If you don't want to renew it, make sure to turn off the auto renew feature.
To do so scroll to the bottom of the AppStore home page and tap on your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID in the pop up. Sign in and on the next page, tap on manage subscriptions. Select the National Geographic Magazine and tap on it. On the next page, slide the auto renew switch to off. Confirm your desire to cancel your subscription in the pop up that appears. Your subscription will then be cancelled on the next renewal date.

image-1578762154.jpg

image-2832006144.jpg

image-914198533.jpg

image-1419389072.jpg

image-3423978872.jpg

image-4153177762.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions