What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newly Jailbroken...need advice on apps.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay...so I just jail broke my iPad this morning after much deliberation. I also installed Frash..so that I can view flash content...at least just for games at the moment. Can anyone recommend anything I should download from Cydia? I checked it out...but there is so much there I just get overwhelmed...please let me know what apps you find helpful so that i can download them. Everyone talks about how great it is to have full control of your device, but now that it is jail broken I'm not really sure how to get the best out of it...please help me out. The only app I know for a fact I will be downloading is the Snes emulator...but other than that I'm at a lost..thanks in advance.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
SBSettings - easily change settings
Backgrounder - enable apps to run in background
3G Unrestrictor - make an app think its on wifi even though your using 3G. Great for allowing the apple app store to let you download apps that are bigger than the 20MB limit when your away from wifi.

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SBSettings - easily change settings
Backgrounder - enable apps to run in background
3G Unrestrictor - make an app think its on wifi even though your using 3G. Great for allowing the apple app store to let you download apps that are bigger than the 20MB limit when your away from wifi.

Thanks...I'll be sure to get those.

idbirch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also of note:

Categories + categoriesSB - create folders to categorise your apps
FullForce - run some iPhone apps in full iPad resolution. Doesn't work with many apps but does with Facebook, DoodleJump, TV Plus to name a few
Psx4all - PS1 emulator
iFile - explore the iPad file system with no restrictions, play movies straight off SD cards if you have the Camera Connection Kit.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say:

iFile: Best app for file/folder exploring. Great if you download from one application and want it copied/cut to another. For example I use Goodreader/Ulimvideos/iCab Browser to download stuff from the net, once done I go into iFile and cut and paste from that App to the App that runs it. iFile also lets you upload/download from web-browser on PC or MAC to the iPad. Hands-down my favorite Cydia App

Ulimvideos: Great for streaming, downloading media

SBSettings: Great for a lot of settings access quickly without exiting an APP. Also for respringing if an app is causing issues

iMobileCinema: While doesn't always work 100% it works equal on my iPod as on my iPad. Good for viewing some "flash" media such as Megavideo (which I can get to work about 30% of the time) :eek:

Iconoclasm: Good for getting more icons on the screen, such as a 5x5 display

Fullforce: Good for making some iPhone/Pod apps full screen

Installous: not sure if this may be chatted about here

ert6ic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess i need to add all above apps into my ipad too, thanks all

Most reactions

Latest posts