What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newby here, got ????

cvcook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to buy my 1st Ipad. i already have a Iphone 4, I don't know if I want a 2nd or 3rd gen, so should I get one new or save some $ on a used one
Thanks ahead.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi cv...if it were me and it were my first-I'd go with the newest model.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The newest model is usually the right call. Unless you can really get a smokin deal on an iPad 2 and it will serve your needs. Is 4G important to you?

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd get the newest model unless you can find a real good deal on the iPad 2..and my advice don't buy a used one or a iPad 1

jegellman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cellur111 said:
I'd get the newest model unless you can find a real good deal on the iPad 2..and my advice don't buy a used one or a iPad 1

Just curious as to why you would avoid a used iPad 2?

HowieHood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From a guy potentially looking to sell his iPad 2 to upgrade to the newest model. to be honest, if its my first iPad, unless im saving a CONSIDERABLE amount of money buying the 2, the newest model would absolutely be the way to go

ScriptySandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my first iPad - the 2 - and I got a great deal. $400 for the 64gig with 3G. It came in the protective wrapper, in the box, in the bag from Apple the guy brought it home in a year ago. Now I know the seller personally and know how completely anal he is about caring for his toys so I knew it would be as new and it is. I am thrilled. IMHO the new iPad isn't worth the extra cost. And I hear it gets very hot when running some apps.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ScriptySandy said:
I just bought my first iPad - the 2 - and I got a great deal. $400 for the 64gig with 3G. It came in the protective wrapper, in the box, in the bag from Apple the guy brought it home in a year ago. Now I know the seller personally and know how completely anal he is about caring for his toys so I knew it would be as new and it is. I am thrilled. IMHO the new iPad isn't worth the extra cost. And I hear it gets very hot when running some apps.

Sounds like a pretty good buy for the money. I am sure you will enjoy it.
If you want to go paperless get a Zagg keyboard/case from Staples - seen it for $79 in Burnaby.

ScriptySandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good buy for the money. I am sure you will enjoy it.
If you want to go paperless get a Zagg keyboard/case from Staples - seen it for $79 in Burnaby.

I already bought a keyboard/ case at London Drugs for that price. It's a Targus and I am very happy with it so far. Now I just need to try it out at work. I need to familiarize myself with the ScriptE app I bought to do my job.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

benboyd5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unless you're a heavy gamer or really want super great graphics, the iPad 2 is the 2nd best tablet on the market and the price is great now.

Most reactions

Latest posts