What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie will a little attitude

Reaction score
SP, people expect their mini camera to take SLR quality photos and, just like the F thing that Ipad doesn't do natively, get all mad and distraught when reality crashes into expectations.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Ipad. In fact we're new to Mac and Apple. We're in the market for 2 new Ipads — for myself and my wife. Sure would like to see the new Ipad 3 by the jan or feb 2012. Sorry to all that bought the Ipad 2, but from what I've read it wasn't the greatest improvement. If Ipad 3 isn't much better, I think we'll be looking at android.
Just sayin!

No apologies are really necessary. Like you, I'm new to Apple. Unlike you, I actually own an iPad 2. I passed on the first gen so I can make no honest comparisons, but I find the iPad 2 to be a quite fantastic work of engineering and enjoy every moment of it. Including the camera, which takes perfectly acceptable photos in good bright light.

Could it be better? Probably, and I imagine the next gen will be. My first computer could have been better, too, but I'm glad I didn't wait for a year or two to buy it. I would have missed some good learning experiences.

Technology does move forward. Whether Apple meets your technical expectations is another story, so you may be a better candidate for an android.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Ipad. In fact we're new to Mac and Apple. We're in the market for 2 new Ipads — for myself and my wife. Sure would like to see the new Ipad 3 by the jan or feb 2012. Sorry to all that bought the Ipad 2, but from what I've read it wasn't the greatest improvement. If Ipad 3 isn't much better, I think we'll be looking at android.
Just sayin!

No apologies are really necessary. Like you, I'm new to Apple. Unlike you, I actually own an iPad 2. I passed on the first gen so I can make no honest comparisons, but I find the iPad 2 to be a quite fantastic work of engineering and enjoy every moment of it. Including the camera, which takes perfectly acceptable photos in good bright light.

Could it be better? Probably, and I imagine the next gen will be. My first computer could have been better, too, but I'm glad I didn't wait for a year or two to buy it. I would have missed some good learning experiences.

Technology does move forward. Whether Apple meets your technical expectations is another story, so you may be a better candidate for an android.

Well said! Love it. Post of the day.:)

OP
I

ipfuser56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Ipaders win!

Sounds like everyone's real happy with their Ipad2's. Maybe Apple doesn't need to come out with improved upgrades. But, I'm beginning to think, after the marketing hype of Jobs wears away, Android systems, like the PC, will be the way to go.
Just Sayin

Reaction score
Happy? No. Content? Yes
Did you join and post to actually try to decide or have you already decided and are trying to educate us on the flaws of OUR Ipad and how we need to be freed from our decision making?
I use an apple tablet , android phone and windows desktop and laptop. I'm quite content with the decisions I have made. I hope you put hands on some tablets before deciding instead of just reading reviews and tech specs

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajh said:
Sounds like everyone's real happy with their Ipad2's. Maybe Apple doesn't need to come out with improved upgrades. But, I'm beginning to think, after the marketing hype of Jobs wears away, Android systems, like the PC, will be the way to go.
Just Sayin

It will be the same with android tablets and windows tablets, each new version generation is a slight upgrade of the previous generation

Get an android tablet, then when the next generation of android tablets come out, you will be sayng the same thing, of course the ipad 3 will be a bigger jump than going from 1 to 2 as your skipping a generation

But if the ipad2 is not enough of an upgrade for you, then that means the ipad 1 is doing just fine for you

At the end of the day it is your choice and your money

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
once you switch to apple you will wonder why you ever used a pc.
Big +1!

Thats a big minus 1 from me. Couldnt dissagree more with that statement :)

Ajh - apple do need to make upgrades of course. This is the reason versions 3, 4, 5, 6 etc etc will be released.
Will apple die out and play second fiddle to android/windows? No one knows. Certainly not in the foreseeable future they wont.

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to all that bought the Ipad 2, but from what I've read it wasn't the greatest improvement.
Not sure why you're saying sorry to us. The iPad2 suits my needs just fine. It was the best option for me at the time. Nothing else really matters IMO. If it doesn't suit you then don't get it. Few things in this world are one-size-fits-all.

My complaint is that it could be whole lot better without new great technological advances
That criticism could apply to any product at any point in time. It's a meritless argument IMO. The faulty assumption is that there would have been no additional costs or time required to add all these wishlist features. The other problem is that what features should or shouldn't be added aren't something with universal consensus.

Products have development budgets and timelimes. Given infinite amounts of both, anything is certainly possible. However, in the real world there are budgets and timelines. The lines have to be drawn somewhere. Compromises always have to be made in the real world.

It's seems a little like buying a car, only to find out the next generation has wheels, and the next has a steering wheel.
No, it's nothing like that. You apparently don't understand how analogies work. A car without wheels or a steering wheel is completely unusable. The iPad and iPad2 are both fully usable. You're claiming that the iPad4 would be the first useful device.

Now you're just being ridiculous. No one has claimed that the iPad2 is a perfect device. Disagreeing with you doesn't mean that one has to be content with no future improvements. As stated in this thread, improvements tend to be evolutionary by nature.

If Ipad 3 isn't much better, I think we'll be looking at android.
Just sayin!
But, I'm beginning to think, after the marketing hype of Jobs wears away, Android systems, like the PC, will be the way to go.
Just Sayin
More like "Just trolling!". How about promoting some discussion and listing out everything you're looking for that isn't offered by the iPad2? Rather than pulling the typical slandering of Jobs nonsense, tell us what Android devices you're looking at that offer everything you're looking for. Try discussing the topic rather than rehashing the typical sound bites.

I'm no fan of Jobs but if you want to criticize the iPad2 then criticize the iPad2.

Last edited:

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajh said:
Don't misunderstand me, Ipad2 is a great device. I want one. My complaint is that it could be whole lot better without new great technological advances — Apple already has the ability. To wait for Ipad 2 to install a camera, then find they put in second grade quality so the next generation, Ipad 3, can boast great improvement is . . . . . hogwash. Ipad 2 is slimmer, faster, HDMI capable and several other speed bump improvements but that's about it. They could have put in quality camera system, retina display, better sound recorder and made it more untethered, say, with a card reader, rather than feed a gotta-have frenzie and rake in multi-millions of upgrading-fools dollars with highly marketed, petty upgrades. It's seems a little like buying a car, only to find out the next generation has wheels, and the next has a steering wheel. At least if they had put in retina display, when they talk of potentially using Super Amoled dislay in their next generation, we could have had something to research.
So, my bitch is that I'm a little pissed at Apples psychotactical marketing approach and I think it might be wise to wait and see if they are going to make an improvement more equal to the impact of their orginal creation, the Ipad.

I'll be a first to agree that from owning iPads that iPad2 wasn't a required/desired upgrade for me. That's a personal decision due to the new cpu/ram did not effect my current use. And possibly against popular opinion I find iPad2 (not that it is by any means), cheaper "feeling". I like the substantial feel of "iPad".

Obviously nothing against iPad2. It's a better device than the first gen - some are just waiting for other improvements etc..

For the rest of your post.....

Seriously? Welcome to the world of electronics/business/marketing not to mention maintaining/increasing performance without effecting cost all while reducing size/weight....

How's the saying go? Hate the game not the players???

I'm looking forward to what iPad3 will bring to the table as well.

Cheers

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a warning to all ~ keep it civil and discussions respectful, not personal. Or appropriate sanctions will be distributed and this thread closed.

I am only going to say it once.

OP
I

ipfuser56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just sayin, if we keep buying every time they tell us it's new and improved, without questioning the product, we'll soon be broke and they'll be unthinkably wealthy. I'm only expecting more for my money like they're expecting more of my money.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
But you're assuming we're all robots or sheep. We all have a choice. It's a LOT of money. Of course we question it. If we're like that and end up broke then yes, more fool us. But that isn't the case for 99% of us.

If you expect more for your money then of course, don't buy. But coming to a strong apple pro forums like this with questions like yours will only antagonise and course ill feeling and be taken one way, especially as, on the face of it, your post count is almost zero.

Last edited:

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apples job is to make money and to do that they have to make good device that you will want and at sometime upgrade to a newer model that has more of what you want and need. There is nothing wrong with making money we all have to do it they just do it very well. It's your job to spend your money wisely

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Ya, I have to admit, their marketing is fantastic.

It is, it's blimmin marvellous. But don't underestimate either Apple or their customer base.

Apple are strong market leaders obviously because of just marketing. Marketing alone can't justify their market and financial position can it?
If you think it's marketing alone putting them in their current position with nothing to do with the actual device then what does that make 100% of Apples customers? That's impossible.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts