What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie question...

studiojig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All! First off, great forum and happy to be part of it. Second, my question:

Does anyone know if performing the following function will reset the iPad all the way back to the state it was in when pulled from the box? -

"To erase all content and settings, choose General > Reset, then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.†This resets all settings to their original values and erases all your information and media."

That is, if I do the procedure quoted above, will it result in the iPad requesting a connection to iTunes to begin registration and initial setup? This is what I'd like to do if possible. If the answer is yes, will I be able to - after setting things back up - load the apps I've already purchased back in?

Thanks so much!

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like your trying to restore it. Which you do while it's plugged into iTunes.

OP
S

studiojig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, it does appear that's what I'm looking to do. My mistake. Let me clarify, I'm wanting to fully reset the device to the state it was in when I took it out of the box and powered on the first time (where the screen shows the plug and the iTunes logo asking to connect). Why? I'm considering selling this one to a co-worker to fund the purchase of a 3G model.

So, when I get the 3G, after setting up/registering, would I be able to load previously purchased apps & music to it or are they somehow tethered to my current iPad?

Sorry for the confusion in my first post, and thanks again for any & all responses!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
studiojig said:
True, it does appear that's what I'm looking to do. My mistake. Let me clarify, I'm wanting to fully reset the device to the state it was in when I took it out of the box and powered on the first time (where the screen shows the plug and the iTunes logo asking to connect). Why? I'm considering selling this one to a co-worker to fund the purchase of a 3G model.

So, when I get the 3G, after setting up/registering, would I be able to load previously purchased apps & music to it or are they somehow tethered to my current iPad?

Sorry for the confusion in my first post, and thanks again for any & all responses!
Restore in iTunes will bring it back to factory state same as iPods iPhones etc

Most reactions

Latest posts