What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed to change password......

Brooklin5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 9.3.5 Model iPad MD528C/A & for security purposes i opted to change the password on both my Mac book pro & iPad. No problem with the mac but the iPad will not accept the same password. Claims to not recognize it. Tried cancelling account & adding a new one with the new password but same reaction. Google descriptions do not show the iPad i have for password changing. Any help would be most welcome..........Thank-you

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

According to your model number, your iPad is a first generation mini with Wi-Fi only.

If you try changing the password of an online account/email account, remove the account from your device, then set it up again.

OP
B

Brooklin5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

According to your model number, your iPad is a first generation mini with Wi-Fi only.

If you try changing the password of an online account/email account, remove the account from your device, then set it up again.

I have deleted the account & add an account all to know avail. It will not accept the new password........

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restarting your iPad - turn it off and on again.

If that doesn’t help, force start your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see the logo, let go of both buttons. Your iPad will start on it’s own.

OP
B

Brooklin5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restarting your iPad - turn it off and on again.

If that doesn’t help, force start your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see the logo, let go of both buttons. Your iPad will start on it’s own.

followed your instructions and 'error in signing in' appeared plus 'could not communicate with the server'

Most reactions

Latest posts