What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here

mlancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I just found this forum, and here is my first post. :cool:

I got my iPad 2 for my birthday in June. It's lovely, I traveled all summer using it, even though it's wifi only. I have an iPhone 3GS that I use if I need GPS maps or other 3G apps.

HTML:
I'm having a blast discovering different uses for my iPad - I've been endlessly entertained all summer, especially while driving across the country several times. ;)

I first found this forum when I googled how to add a bookmark to my bar - yes, I found out how! I joined to find out other interesting things to do with my iPad. (So far, the hardest thing I've done is figuring out how to compose a message in this forum without purchasing an app to do it!) :eek:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Are you using our free and newly updated app to access the forum?

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

The Archangel

OP
mlancer

mlancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! Yep I'm using the free app to access the forum, tho every time I log in, I get asked to buy another app to use the forum.

I am sort of clunky with typing messages in here & understanding when/how I get the keyboard to type in the message section. I did read the forum guidelines & other how-to threads. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, usually... just glad to have a spot to find things out.

Right now, trying to get familiarized with this forum, so I'll feel comfortable when I need or want something. :cool:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's good to see you have given up lurking and become an active member......I'm sure that you will enjoy this place, lots of friendly folks here to help you get the most out of your iPad.

Not sure about the advert you get, if it's a problem post a screenshot and our forum admin can have a look......to take a screen shot press the home and on/off buttons together quickly.

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
mlancer

mlancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will remember to take a screenshot if that happens next time i log in, thanks.

Also, It seems odd that I have to click the little blue A icon to type in the text box, instead of just tapping in the box. (Still pondering the text box icons...)

And - I wonder where to change the time?

Thanks for help & the welcome!

OP
mlancer

mlancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, okay I changed the WYSIWYG editor - maybe that was it. Will still play about.

And I found how to change the time: in user CP.

I still get lost navigating this forum - I keep losing my place & can't find my way back! Ah well, onward & upward...

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never logged out of the iPad app, so haven't been bothered by that start ad.

Most reactions