What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user - problem with language settings

margaretb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can help.
Have just set up my new ipad, and selected correct language and location - English and United Kingdom.

However, have tried to access i-tunes and app store, but all screens are in German.

Have reset 3 times with same results.

Can anyone offer any advice? Can't wait to start using

OP
M

margaretb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for prompt response, but am still struggling. When I click on the i-tunes tab, everything is in German (or is it Dutch looking at some of the comments) but don't know how to access the store (as don't understand the language)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iTunes, iBooks, and App Store languages are not controlled by the language setting on the iPad. They follow whatever country's iStore you are logged into. This is controlled by your Apple ID. To have the stores be in English you will need an Apple ID from an English speaking county.

There are several threads on getting an account in a second country. I don't have any of the links handy, so hopefully a search will do the trick (try the custom Google search at the top of the website), or another member will have it handy.

This is the only part I have handy. You may need an address and email address compatible with that country for the method to work.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

Once you have your new iD, from the U.K. I'm guessing, go to the bottom of the page in the App Store. On most tabs you will see three buttons. The left most button should either show an Apple ID, or say Sign In. Tap this button to sign out, if needed, then tap it again to sign in with your U.K. Apple ID. You need to do this individually for the four iStores: iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store, and iTunes U.

StoreAppleID.jpg

Be aware that once you have more than one Apple ID you need to keep track of what you get using that ID. All content is tied to it. In order to update or re-download content for free you must be signed in with the right ID.

OP
M

margaretb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, now have English language, not 100% certain how, but the important thing is I am now up and running.

Most reactions

Latest posts