What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to set language on apple store or itune store

esolve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad.PNG

Hi, all, my ipad is ipad 2
and now I'm in France
I have set the language to Chinese or English
the location/area to China or USA in "setting"

and I also change the location/area of my account into China
and I log out and then log in

but the language in apple store or itune store is still french
does anybody know to to deal with this?
how to make the language into English or CHinese
thanks!

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to "Settings/General" and scroll down to "International" and then "Language"

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not change the language in the iStores. Language is dependent entirely on that store's country. The French store is in French, you can not change it. If you need the store in a different language you'll have to get an account in that country's store.

It is possible to have accounts in more than one iTunes store. Thought I had a link to a good thread about that, but apparently not. A bit of searching around should locate the info.

Sorry.

OP
E

esolve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not change the language in the iStores. Language is dependent entirely on that store's country. The French store is in French, you can not change it. If you need the store in a different language you'll have to get an account in that country's store.

It is possible to have accounts in more than one iTunes store. Thought I had a link to a good thread about that, but apparently not. A bit of searching around should locate the info.

Sorry.

I have changed the location/country of my account, but it doesn't work
so you meant I need to create a new account? now I'm in France, if I create a new account, will it still be a French account?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
esolve said:
I have changed the location/country of my account, but it doesn't work
so you meant I need to create a new account? now I'm in France, if I create a new account, will it still be a French account?

You can not change the location of an account, only your billing address. iTunes and the other Apple stores are specialized websites. Nothing you do to the iPad or to your account info is going to affect what language they display in. Apple has a separate store/site for each country they do business with. Because the language for these stores are already localized for each country they do not offer a way to view them in alternate languages.

If you get another account for another country, say the US, then it will be a new account. You would then need to track what you purchase in each account and switch between accounts whenever you need to update apps from that account.

There is no way to just change the language in the iTunes or App Store.

lspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one query about countries that have multiple languages as Switzerland does. By default, App store decided that I should read and write in German, whereas I would like either French or English. How do I change that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there is a way, I don't know of it.

All I have is a U.S. account, so I can't even look. However the switch, if it exists, is probably not an iPad setting. It will either be in your account settings, or (more likely) a link in the iTunes Store itself.

Flowertight1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one query about countries that have multiple languages as Switzerland does. By default, App store decided that I should read and write in German, whereas I would like either French or English. How do I change that?

I don't know if you are still having this problem, but I am currently in Germany and just had the same issues. However, I did not have to create a new account. If you go to settings, iTunes&App Stores, and sign out then in with your original apple id and password, it will reset the stores back to English because that id and password is only valid for whatever English speaking country you come from. Hope this helps.

susan3570

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip. It worked for me although I also had to restart the iPad to get the changes to take effect.

susan3570

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not change the location of an account, only your billing address. iTunes and the other Apple stores are specialized websites. Nothing you do to the iPad or to your account info is going to affect what language they display in. Apple has a separate store/site for each country they do business with. Because the language for these stores are already localized for each country they do not offer a way to view them in alternate languages....

There is no way to just change the language in the iTunes or App Store.

Actually, this is not quite true. I've lived in a German-speaking country and used their version of iTunes from the start, yet the language of my iTunes interface has always been English. The content of the store in terms of films and TV series is limited by the country your account is in, but it should always be possible to change the interface language to English. When I upgraded my iPhone to iOS6, the iTunes store remained in English, but when I upgraded my iPad, iOS6 switched the default language for the store to German (although everything else on the iPad remained in English). To solve the problem, I followed Flowertight1's advice of logging in and out of my Apple account, and I also had to reboot my iPad for the changes to take effect. I'm not sure which of the two did the trick, but the store is back in English again. Good luck to anyone else who has this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts