What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user here - problem with itunes

jagang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

i have finally taken the plunge and ordered an IPAD2 64GB wifi+3G. i am from india...and i think i will get the ipad by the next weekend. in order to get ready for the ipad i decided to install itunes and get used to it. i have a windows7(64bit) laptop. i downloaded the latest itunes 10.5 from the apple website. i registered myself and got an apple id too. i wanted to browse the apps in the itunes store and when i try to connect to the itunes store, it just wont connect. i have appended the screen grab of the status bar. it just stops there!!!!! and then goes back. i tried all the troubleshoots apple website had to offer. i also created a separate login as suggested by the website. but all that didnt help me. so can anyone who faced similar trouble help me in solving this prob???? thanks a lot in advance.

one more thing i want to ask everyone is....what will be the preloaded version of iOS on the ipad2??? can it be jail broken??? should i JB first of all??? after going through all the posts here....i am more confused.....so i think the main question now is iOS vs JB???? which is better???

can anyone help me please???

thanks a lot

regards

jags

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be better to wait until you get your iPad because you'll be able to access iTunes directly from the iPad. Not sure what version of iOS you'll have, but I'd suspect either 4.3.5 or 5. You can upgrade to iOS5 for free if your iPad has the earlier version of the operating system. You won't be able to jail break your iPad unless it has 4.3.3 - if it's not that version (either earlier or later) you'll have to wait for a JB for iOS5 to arrive.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

jagang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear tim,
thanks a lot....i appreciate the help. can not wait to get my hands on the ipad....:)

regards...

will keep u updated...

thanks once again

jags

OP
J

jagang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear tim,

Finally got my hands on the iPad about 10 days back....

I think this is the best piece of equipment I ever laid my hands on.....it's awesome.....ofcourse I downloaded the iPad forum app and using it to send this message....

I have a few questions...can you help me pl?

First is that I am not able to connect to iTunes store from my iPad today...that is..17 nov ....is this normal?.....otherwise the web browsing is okay.

Also my prob of not being able to connect to iTunes store from my pc stands. I was able to connect to it thru my iPad only so far...but today it's not responding.

Next query I have is the smudges on the screen due to the smart cover. Well, the smart cover has these gaps where we fold it....and these folds leave thick lines as smudges on the screen.....can we do anything about it....or is it something we just have to learn to live with.

One more thing. I am supposed to sync my iPad with my pc if it is on the same wifi network as my pc...right? Well it doesnt happen....my pc and my iPad are on same wifi...but I need to connect the cable to sync every time....is there something I am not doin right?

Thanks a lot for all the help in advance.....btw...my iPad came with its 5.0. Subsequently I upgraded to 5.0.1. Can I go back to 5.0 now? Also what's the latest on a jb for 5.0.1?

Thanks and regards.

Jagannath

Most reactions

Latest posts