What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to thread..question on an app?

giron_natalie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad and use it daily but I'm a stay at home mom so don't need office apps but my mother in law just received an iPad from us for her bday and she wants word. Basically using iPad as her main computer. We bought her a wireless printer and it can eprint or iprint but I came across onlive desktop I loved it exactly what I wanted until I tried to print so couldn't do that then an option of email...nope couldn't do the either. You have to go on PC then download it then go from there. She is 58 and too many steps would be too hard for her to remember every time. But I don't think she needs a expensive app just something like Word because she is used to it. She likes writing a paper"card" to make as a card then pasting pictures to it.

Tom2pt0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally Onlive was too sluggish for me and not at all a fun experience (not that documents need to be fun).

What I would do is get her Apple's Pages for iOS. On the desktop or iPad, it works incredibly well. Very easy to type, to insert pictures, and in general so simple to make amazing looking documents. It's expensive sure, but what you get is a wonderful UI, great functionality, and a really great experience, just like the iPad itself! And it supports printing as well as exporting as word document compatible files.

Most reactions

Latest posts