What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the board and the iPad

NewbietotheiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to All!

I just recently purchased a few iPad2 and one iPad3 for the office. We have to upgrade one of computer software that we use on a daily basis in the fall which has iPad accessibility. All of my office staff are over 50 and learning a new system never mind the iPad will be challenging to say the least! So I made the decision to purchase the iPads now and load some games to get them familiar with it and to make it fun to learn. I also loaded their emails and they are responding very well.

I have a question which I hope to resolve - we use "remote access" on our PCs in order to access our scheduling program from home - is there a "remote access" app for the iPad that will allow us the same kind of access? The "Go to my PC" is not what we're looking for as it appears to be not very secure to start and it disables the PC for others to use while its being accessed. We required remote access like on the PC. Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I'm also looking for an iPad guru in our area to help with the transition as well as to assist with some onsite training. I can see how these iPad can make our lives at work so much easier and assist our supervisors in the field.

I look forward to chatting..............

Thanks - Christine

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, this is in no way an endorsement - I'll just tell you what I use and have found....

There is a pretty popular remote login app called Splashtop ($4.99, USD). With it, and a small server program you have to install on the office computer(s), you can remotely access the computer from wherever. This is over WiFi or 3/4G.

I just tested it (never had occasion to, before) and the computer can be used while the app is running and connected to that computer.

So, maybe have a good Google session on the merits of Spalshtop? Again, there are many more remote logins, so I am sure others will be along to add their opinions and help.

Good luck in your search.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts