What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad, how is security?

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being new to iPad I was wondering the need for a third party security app like web root. I use this on my W7 laptop. I do banking and other things with my iPad, so was a tad concerned, should I be?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Viruses isn't such a big issue on iPad, I've never heard of iOS viruses. Of course, you know NOT to do banking on public WiFi, etc. I don't have too much experience in that field, so you may want to take this w/ a grain of salt.

MODERATOR EDIT: Since Goofy clearly meant NOT to, I've taken the liberty of editing his post.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goofy, you meant to NOT do banking on public wifi right?

MOD: Sorted, and thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't heard of any, because there aren't any. iOS is presently safe from viruses.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are connected via https or using a secure banking app, there is no reason not to do secure transactions on the iPad. It's as secure as your PC.

There have been a number of security studies done, however the biggest risks still seem to be from apps that let you stay logged in on your device and potentially allow someone else to use your device if they find it unlocked...

There have been no studies that identify any substantive threats over PC banking.

Here is a PC World article that may help

http://www.pcworld.com/article/171866/mobilephone_banking_convenient_and_safe.html

Most reactions

Latest posts