What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed (Urgent)

White Lotus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am White Lotus.
I've been using the IPad 1 For almost 4 years now.
I had it jailbroken for 1 year. Recently the jailbreak is backfiring. I can't tell if it's the jailbreak's problem or not.
So basically what errors I'm getting are:
1- I can't see an app stand in home screen but if I hold my finger on an app I can see little bits of apps shaking under the last row of apps it might be the stand but I cannot see it or touch it.
2- I can't open settings Stuck on black screen whenever opened.
3- I can't open appstore. It loads and loads then freezes and crashes.
4- The buffering (Loading) supposed to be going in circles but no, it's showing some weird icons like square and clock.. emoji icons.
5- Safari is laggy I can hardly click on url or search
6- The search on the far left on the home screen. Whenever i get there my whole IPad freezes I'll have to hold down home button and the standby until closes.
7-Cydia is fine with me but I cannot click on modify. To uninstall things.

I did not backup because this happend so suddenly 1 month ago after a restart
I am thinking this either is from a theme because of #1.
Or a virus that doesn't want me to uninstall whatever I downloaded so i want to remove jailbreak.
But also if you know the fix to this problem without me removing jailbreak help me out. Couldn't find a single person with this problem on the Internet

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you're talking about a jailbroken iPad, I've moved your post to the iPad Hacking Forum, where it will receive more attention.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given all the issues you've described that are affecting your iPad 1, I suggest you make a backup of your iPad and then restore a "fresh" version of iOS 5.1.1.

Once you've restored the iPad 1, you can re-jailbreak it with Absinthe. It's one of the advantages of using the iPad1 - you can always put a jailbreakable iOS on it.

Let us know how it goes.

Marilyn

OP
W

White Lotus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given all the issues you've described that are affecting your iPad 1, I suggest you make a backup of your iPad and then restore a "fresh" version of iOS 5.1.1.

Once you've restored the iPad 1, you can re-jailbreak it with Absinthe. It's one of the advantages of using the iPad1 - you can always put a jailbreakable iOS on it.

Let us know how it goes.

Marilyn
Currently i have no working pc I'll surely let you know tomorrow

Most reactions