What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iOS

Lollypoplolita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was given a iPad 1 running 5.1.1 and wanted to jailbreak it for something to do. When I ran redsn0w it tells me I need to update iTunes. How do I go about that, under settings it tells me I am up to date. I have a fair amount of rooting experience but I'm a android person and never owned any Apple products. Thank you for any advice.

OP
Lollypoplolita

Lollypoplolita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

To update iTunes on your PC, open iTunes, go to the menu bar at the top. Select Help - Check for Updates, and follow the instructions.

If you haven’t installed iTunes on your computer yet, you’ll find a link on this site:
iTunes - Download iTunes Now

Hope that helps.
No I don't have iTunes on my PC so I'll give that a try. Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to the iPad Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.

OP
Lollypoplolita

Lollypoplolita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you succeed?
It appears I successfully jailbroke the iPad using absinthe 2.0 . I didn't get to watch it I was fixing my maserati but when I went to look a few minutes later it says restore in progress. I'll let you know more after I get off work late ttonight. Owning your own business doesn't always leave time for fun lol

OP
Lollypoplolita

Lollypoplolita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also is there a way to tell if it's a successful break? Thanks for your time and trouble.

Most reactions

Latest posts