What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tabbed Browser Released

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone try it yet?

App Shopper: A1 PERFECT Web Browser for iPad - EXTRAORDINARY Browser w/ REAL-Tabs, TOUCH Scroll (Productivity)

The highly acclaimed original revolution has been completely reengineered for the iPad. Available now at a Special Price during the Short-Burst launch promotion!
PERFECT Browser is the fastest and most advanced feature-packed fullscreen web browser to date. Experience Better-than-Desktop Class web on your iPad with breakthrough features incl. REAL-Tabs, TOUCH Scrolling, Desktop Browser Rendering, Multi-Touch Gestures, Fast Tab Switching, Hyper Scroll, In-Page Search, Fontsize Adjustment, Web Compression & more.
Enhance your web browsing experience significantly!

►► PERFECT browser first introduced the revolutionary REAL-TABS to the iPhone last year (which spawned numerous browser clones), and now we have got even more surprises in this iPad edition!

Highlights:
✔ TOUCH SCROLLING (Automated Smooth Scrolling)
With Perfect browser, you can scroll through a webpage by merely holding down on the up/down arrow buttons, conveniently reachable from the thumb rest position. Webpages scroll naturally and fluidly with our proprietary smooth scrolling technology.

- A scrollbar is also provided for instant precision scrolling. (see Hyper Scroll)

✔ REAL-TABS + BACKGROUND TABS
Perfect Browser provides UNLIMITED number of real desktop browser tabs with advanced features like background tabs.
- Tabs are rendered simultaneously & asynchronously so it loads smoothly even while multiple tabs load.
- Hold down on a link to open in a new tab or a background tab.

✔ DESKTOP BROWSER RENDERING
Perfect Browser can spoof user agent string and render web pages like the target browser of your choice: Chrome, Opera, Firefox or IE, with a startling 1:1 level of similarity! Websites shows up just as if you were surfing from a desktop browser.

✔ HYPER SCROLL (Full Precision Scrollbar)
Scroll through long web pages instantly and perform precision scrolling!
Simply drag on the scrollbar to scroll in the ENTIRE WEB PAGE. No more repeated swiping. Tap '+' and choose the option.

✔ MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES
Perfect browser supports gesture recognition.

- Swipe left with two fingers to switch to a previous tab
- Swipe right with two fingers to switch to the next tab

✔ NON-RELOADING + FAST TAB SWITCHING
Tabs don't reload when switching between them, no matter how many tabs are currently open.

✔ FONT SIZE ADJUSTMENT
Adjust text size in a webpage for comfortable viewing experience.

✔ WEB COMPRESSION
Perfect Browser can compress web pages so you can surf the web 10 to 15 TIMES FAST and reduce data usage by a lot!
Eg: Wikipedia 336KB vs ~15KB

✔ FREQ-CACHING TECHNOLOGY
Perfect browser's advanced caching system reduces load times significantly (as much as 30-40%) on frequently visited websites!

✔ IMAGE BLOCKING [OFF by default]
Block image loading for upto 8x faster speeds.

✔ IN-PAGE TEXT SEARCH
- Easily find text in webpages with BIG yellow highlighting.

✔ PRIVATE BROWSING [OFF by default]
Nothing is ever recorded when history is off. Clear Cookies OR SET AUTO CLEAR ON EXIT for Paranoid privacy!

✔ FULLSCREEN
- Get 40% MORE screen space compared to Safari.
- Hide tabs/addressbar/toolbar

✔ ROTATION LOCKING
Once activated, prevents rotation and app starts with the chosen orientation independent of device orientation.

✔ IMAGE SAVING
Simply hold down on an image to save.

✔ LIGHT MEMORY FOOTPRINT
Perfect Browser barely uses any memory at all. No crashes or quitting when loading 'heavy' websites.

✔ WEB AUTHENTICATION
Access secure + https web sites.

✔ CRASH RESISTANT
Perfect Browser is totally IMMUNE to crashes or quitting.

✔ LAUNCH DIRECTLY FROM SAFARI
Use perfect:// (see website)

✔ BOOKMARK SCRIPTS

✔ BOOKMARKS w/ folders

916467.jpg

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Excellent find. I've been looking for a browser that can play the BBCs iPlayer full screen. Safari retains a bar across the top of the screen while iCab and Atomic both fail to load the streaming media. A1 works perfectly.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it since last night and like it. The touch and hold to open tabs is much more reliable than Atomic Browser and I like the look better. Have had it crash on me a couple times but both crashes were while doing the same thing.....backspacing in the URL line, so I've learned to avoid that! Other than that, I'm pleased, and it works well with the forum. Some others don't.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent find. I've been looking for a browser that can play the BBCs iPlayer full screen. Safari retains a bar across the top of the screen while iCab and Atomic both fail to load the streaming media. A1 works perfectly.
Well I read every single new app released for the iPad on a daily basis. Kind of sad, actually.

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using icabmobile which also supports real tabs. One feature I really like about icabmobile is that it can download any type of file. You can then transfer downloaded files to apps that support them, or access them through iTunes file share. For example, there is an icabmobile module that you can add on that will allow you to download youtube videos. I downloaded a youtube vid and sent it over to Goodreader to watch it (suprised Goodreader could view videos... probably just uses the Apple video app).

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I like this, yes I could not resist.... But 2 issues...

One is I could not post from it on this forum. I signed in fine, but the actual text box for the post was grayed, and the keyboard would not come up.... Weird....

Two is there seems to be no way to import bookmarks. I have a bookmarks tool bar that I keep the same on all my computers, and it would be a major job to manually enter in all the websites. Yes, about 150 or so......

I like the way it formats, I like the scroll, I like the find function.....etc..... But I have to be able to post (much to the pain of some) and really need my collection of bookmarks...

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I just realized... It has no bookmarks toolbar...... I would never had bought it if I had known..... For me until it gets my three issues taken care of, it's a fail.....

But, I bet there will be updates. :)

whocaresit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Bremen, Perfect browser is perfect after all. To post to forums, open bookmarks and tap the vB button on the button. Click preview in the forum after you are done. Voilà. I have posted this using "vBulletin forum helper". Doesnt work if you use a new line/ return. New to forum btw!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@Bremen, Perfect browser is perfect after all. To post to forums, open bookmarks and tap the vB button on the button. Click preview in the forum after you are done. Voilà. I have posted this using "vBulletin forum helper". Doesnt work if you use a new line/ return. New to forum btw!

And welcome to you! I will test what you say, but why do I need to take those extra steps? Hardly "perfect" if that's the case. Trash Safari all you want (and I wish for something more), but it posts normally, has bookmark toolbars, and can import bookmarks from other browsers....

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Tried it, sure, it can work....

But way to many steps to do a simple task like post to this forum.....

So it is Safari for me, but I hope Atomic or Perfect will grow and one of them steal my heart away....:)

Most reactions

Latest posts