What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New spirit jailbreak

Panthor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone tried using this new version of spirit? Apparently it's compatible with iTunes 9.2
Sorry won't let me post link

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odd, I saw an article about it, but when I went to the web site it still says not to use it with iTunes 9.2

Spirit

OP
P

Panthor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u google spirit jailbreak iTunes 9.2. And then go to redmondpie it says about it and gives the download link.
I'm just wonderin if anyone has tried as I'm meant to jailbreak a friends iPad tomorrow and they have 9.2

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
NO IT WILL NOT.

Updates Spirit has not been released.

PS if your friend cant even download an app and click a button to jailbreak I dont think jailbreaking his iPad is a good idea. Prepair to become iPad tech support for when he breaks it after a day's use.

Last edited:
OP
P

Panthor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u tried it? I'm guessing not, so how do you know it doesn't work. If u read the article it says ?unofficial update, and people have made comments saying it works, so I was wondering if anyone on here had tried . And I didn't ask for peoples opinions of wat has been said in previous threads as i can read for myself. Also in relation to jailbreaking for a friend you have no idea the reason why I'm doin it for them and it has nothing to do with them not being able to click a button as they have an iPhone they have jailbroken

fleshcreeper82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spirit & iTunes 9.2

I got my ipad delivered yesterday & used this new Spirit jailbreak for iTunes 9.2 and I can confirm this DOES work and syncs with itunes no problem! BRILL!! hope this helps!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u tried it? I'm guessing not, so how do you know it doesn't work. If u read the article it says ?unofficial update, and people have made comments saying it works, so I was wondering if anyone on here had tried . And I didn't ask for peoples opinions of wat has been said in previous threads as i can read for myself. Also in relation to jailbreaking for a friend you have no idea the reason why I'm doin it for them and it has nothing to do with them not being able to click a button as they have an iPhone they have jailbroken

You're getting advice from an established member. You don't have to follow it but you should be appreciative.

OP
P

Panthor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks fleshcreeper82 that's what I want to know. If the advice answers my question then it is appreciated but when it's a response to something I didn't even ask then wats the point

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

Feal free to use it at your own risk than.

An official update has not been posted and it's not advised to use beta jailbreak tools unless you know what your doing and OK being the first person to really brick their iPad.

There are reasons that they hold off and put out unofficial beta jailbreak apps. Either it is not ready and got leaked or they have not fully tested it. Things that have happened to people in the past who used beta jailbreaks were thing like it looked like it worked but then they would get random push alerts or test messages from another random person who jail broke their device.

So you can try it if you want but it's advised to only use official jailbreak releases.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the idea of an official jail break.
A politicians answer to penal reform...

Most reactions

Latest posts