What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rumour Says Apple to Release 4K Ultra HD iTV Late 2013/Early 2014

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_mini_live_event.JPG

According to a new story on BGR today, Apple is said to be building a 4K Ultra HD iTV set with a 3,840 x 2,160 pixel resolution, ready for release either at the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Apparently, the new set will have voice and motion-controlled functionality, and Internet connectivity This latest rumour in the ever-churning Apple TV rumour mill comes via DigiTimes, which says that Apple is relying on LG Display to manufacture large quantities of the Ultra HD TV display panels required for the new TV by the second half of this year. Provided they can deliver the goods on time, Apple will release the set before the end of this year, rather than early next year, according to the sources. The report also says that while LG Display concentrates on building the Apple TV’s screens, other of Apple’s regular component suppliers will be asked to work exclusively on other Apple devices. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Apple iTV release date rumor: Late 2013, early 2014 | BGR
Apple expected to release Ultra HD TV

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura, your news reports should come with a warning.....

"WARNING: Reading this news report may seriously damage your wealth"

Because I JUST WANT ONE!

The Archangel

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Lol, sorry!!!

Maura, your news reports should come with a warning.....

"WARNING: Reading this news report may seriously damage your wealth"

Because I JUST WANT ONE!

The Archangel

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm right handed so that decision is made. The dilemma's gonna be figuring out which leg to part with.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think this 4K TV thing is a tad overkill. A good blu ray setup offers all of the resolution and audio quality that most people could ever detect. I get the whole more is better mentality but the phrase diminishing returns comes to mind. I'd like to see the TV mfgers work on getting the image quality right as a whole instead of just worrying about resolution. Black levels, motion handling, and video processing all play a huge role but they insist on the resolution getting all the research. Why stop at 4K? Why not 8K or 24K? Meh.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Time will tell if Apple can make it in the TV market. They have stiff competition with brands like Sony,Sanyo,LG,etc which have established themselves already for years in this market.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Time will tell if Apple can make it in the TV market. They have stiff competition with brands like Sony,Sanyo,LG,etc which have established themselves already for years in this market.

If they can nail the image quality then they will become a to choice amongst video hobbyists. Honestly, right now the TV market over saturated with sets that have lots of bells, whistles, and gimmicks but tend to fall short in the image quality department. Apple could replace Pioneer or one of the other higher end brands in the TV market. I welcome it since IMO, TVs now are too worried about having silly 3D, being able to connect to Facebook, and just trying to be everything. It's not working.

I'm cheering for Apple to really make a top quality set that gets the image right FIRST! ;)

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. The best TV's are the ones with the sharpest images.

Most reactions

Latest posts