What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxconn Said to be Testing King-Sized iPad Screens for 2014

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_5_iLounge.JPG

Despite what looks to be a very successful launch for the iPad Air, Apple is not resting on its laurels, and, according to a report on AppleInsider today, has already instructed Foxconn to start testing king-sized iPad screens ready for release in 2014.

The new rumour comes courtesy of a Chinese site, PadNews, which says that an iPad with a display of 11.4 or 12.9 inches diagonally is already at the advanced testing stage at Foxconn, with this bigger iPad possibly even being released as early as next March.

As AppleInsider notes, this is not the first time we’ve heard such rumours, with the Wall Street Journal reporting back in July that it had heard word that Apple had prototyped an iPad with a display slightly under 13 inches diagonally.

The WSJ report was then backed up in September by another rumour also out of China that said that Apple was working on a 12-inch iPad with Quanta Computer.

Source: Rumor: Foxconn testing production of larger-screened iPad for 2014 release

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... 11.4 isn't much larger than the current iPad and 12.9 seems awfully big for a tablet! Not sure how these fit into the lineup but we shall see if they follow through with them.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... 11.4 isn't much larger than the current iPad and 12.9 seems awfully big for a tablet! Not sure how these fit into the lineup but we shall see if they follow through with them.

I think that would be a good gaming console and a e-book reader. Also a good web surfer. Although I have no idea if I would look good.

Most reactions

Latest posts