What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deborahdavies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just found this site. I have had my ipad for probably over a year, i have the ipad 1. I wasnwondering if anyone can help me with 2 issues.
1. How to add a camera to my ipad1 so i can video chat, i have heard that isight might work.

2. How to print from my ipad.

Any help is appreciated

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) I have not heard of any good camera options for the iPad 1. Though there was a Camera A and Camera B app early on that would work so that the iPad could use an iPhone camera. Don't know if it is still around.

2) Only HP's AirPrint printers are directly compatible with the iPad.

iOS: AirPrint 101

There are a couple ways around this. One is to use an printing app on the iPad. The current favorite is Print and Share. It will work with most wi-fi printers, and those that it won't work with can be made to work with an additional program on the computer.

The second method is to load a program on the computer that will emulate an AirPrint compatible printer. Your computer must be on and have the printer available to it. The cheapest (free) is Airprint Activator. More features can be had with FingerPrint (mac and windows) and Printopia (mac only).

I use Printopia, and love it. Tim likes Fingerprint, but he has Windows, and doesn't know what he is missing.

There is a third way. A few printers (mostly HP's again) can be set up with their own email address. PDF attachments can be sent via this address to be printed. The last review I saw said it could be quite slow (big files not recommended), and sometimes the emails got lost and never printed. The advantage was that you could literally send/print from anywhere you have an internet connection.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts