What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

difficulty connecting to wifi with new Ipad2

Dave_D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I recently recieved a 64 gb ipad 2 as a gift.

My wifi connectivity has been sporadic at best. The device picks up my connection about 75% of the time, but connectivity often fades in and out, and is not 'strong', even at the best of times.

I have an Ipad1, and Iphone, a PS3, and a computer, and have not had any issues with connecting with any of them. In fact, many times when m Ipad2 is not recognizing my wireless network, I will pick up the ipad1, or my Iphone, and they will connect without any problems.

Has anybody heard of this happening?

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave_D said:
Hey guys.

I recently recieved a 64 gb ipad 2 as a gift.

My wifi connectivity has been sporadic at best. The device picks up my connection about 75% of the time, but connectivity often fades in and out, and is not 'strong', even at the best of times.

I have an Ipad1, and Iphone, a PS3, and a computer, and have not had any issues with connecting with any of them. In fact, many times when m Ipad2 is not recognizing my wireless network, I will pick up the ipad1, or my Iphone, and they will connect without any problems.

Has anybody heard of this happening?

See if anything here solves your problem.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/30525-checklist-troubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Sent from my iPad using iPF

macmike100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad2 with AT&T because I liked the data plan a little better than Verizon. Before I committed, I checked the AT&T map to see if my home was in their 3g strong area. The map said I was solidly in the blue. After receiving it and trying to log on to get service it said my location was too weak and to try again later. And later, and later. And you know what? I've been lied to by AT&T. They flat out lied about their coverage map.
You may be in the same boat, I don't know.
For now, I have a Verizon Mifi that I use and the ipad2 works OK with wifi... in the same location. Not blazingly fast, mind you, but it works.

Pennypacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon MIFI and iPad3 connection problems

I had problems with connecting my iPad 3 with my MIFI. I have a Dell laptop that connects just fine. I looked around and found the answer:
I got this solution off of Verizon Wireless website from PDCLarry
Several possibilities. You may have MAC filtering enabled on the MiFi. You may have entered the WPA key incorrectly on the iPad. You may need to update the firmware on the MiFi. The current version is 1.59.
On the iPad go to Settings/WiFi, tap the arrow to the right of the MiFi name and then "Forget this network". Then try again. If it still fails go to Settings/General/Reset and tap "Reset Network Settings", then try again.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts