What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joseph38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am an American living in Thailand. I'm a retired teacher who hates to type. Does the iPad have handwriting and/or voice recognition software like Dragon NaturallySpeaking? Joseph38:)

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be an app for that ;)

Welcome to the site and hopefully there will be some info on the site soon about what you are looking for :ipad-keyboard:

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sawadee khrap my friend! I'm married to a thai, therefore I know Thailand pretty well.
There is an app on the appstore, which gives you the Thai-keyboard.

Dragon Dictation is what you are looking for. It's an iPhone app, but is supposed to run fine. I've also seen some news on the net, that handwriting will come as an app too.

Even if you don't have an iPad yet, look around the US appstore. There are a lot of limited free apps, which you can download already, even w/o the iPad in hand.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haha, i've heard teachers retire because of bad students, not enough money, but for typing!xD. Welcome to the site.:) Hope to see you around.

Most reactions