What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phuket Den

Phuket Den

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Y'all. I'm a retired American from NY/Texas now living in Phuket, Thailand.
Phuket (pronounced poo ket) is an Island in the Andaman Sea in the SW of Thailand. I just got a 3G IPAD as a gift. In Phuket, mobile coverage good
Wifi in many areas and 3G only at airport and at the most popular tourist beach.
My initial project (how to) is to get my kindle books that I downloaded to my PC and read with the Kindle PC application to my ipad. I've already installed
the kindle application on my ipad. Short term, any technique that would allow me to take advantage of the high speed internet connection to my PC using Itunes (amazon OR ?) , rather than going to beach so I can go direct from my ipad to amazon using hi speed 3G?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... and watch out for those tsunamis!

As you may have already found out, when you start the Kindle app on your iPad, you sign in with your Amazon account and now your iPad has access to your entire Kindle library.

The good news is that it only takes a few seconds to download a book to your iPad. The other good news is that books take up very little space so you could download several books to your iPad from your Amazon library when you have access to a high speed Internet connection and then not have to worry about it... until the next time you go to the beach!

To give you an idea, here is the graphical representative of my 16gb iPad --

itunes29.jpg

I have over 40 books and as you can see, they take up hardly any room at all.

Enjoy your new iPad!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OR....

I don't how your Internet is delivered to your PC, but the easiest thing to do would be to add a wireless router to your system so you can have WiFi right in your own house.

Most reactions

Latest posts