What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I have just joined the forum because I am about to buy my first Ipad and would welcome any suggestions as to what one.
Thanks in advance Dell

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What will your main uses be? Do you plan on taking it with you a lot? If you do travel then cellular data might be a good option. Unless your budget is limited the the iPad Air is a great choice. It's the current model and feels great in hand. You could save a little money and go with then fourth generation iPad which would be the 4.

Give us more info....

OP
mrmullad

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry my main use will be emails and web surfing takes up less space than a PC.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can afford the Air, get one... The great display is worth it.

I use mine as you plan to -- Mostly for web surfing and e-mail. I also use it to show off my photo collection, and for GPS navigation in my car. (I have a cellular model which is the only one with built in GPS. The WiFi only iPad has no GPS receiver).

And, I also listen to my personal recorded music as well as streaming music and Podcasts from the net.

You'll also have to consider how much memory you'll need.

I don't have a large personal music library, and I don't download and store high memory items like movies. I picked up a 16 Gig model and have all the memory I need. But, if you do plan to store a lot of stuff, then you might consider one with a higher memory capacity.

OP
mrmullad

mrmullad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks
I am looking at the air with 32 or 64 gig but not sure if i will use it anywhere other than home over wifi.
But once again thanks for your advice Dell

Most reactions