What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member, Looking for help on Ipad 2

detroitwillfall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got an ipad 2 on 7.7.1, from reading around looks like i need to flash down? looking to root, JB, mod/flash something to improve either appearence/customization, maybe enhance performace, as well as app/program availability(free)

thanks!

DWF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's not possible. iOS 7.1 and above cannot be jailbroken, and non-iPhone 4 and below/iPad 1/iPod touch 4th gen and below cannot downgrade their firmware versions. You'd have to wait for a 7.1/7.1.1 jailbreak to surface, which will more than likely be when an iOS 8 jailbreak surfaces most likely in 2015 Q1

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

OP
D

detroitwillfall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's not possible. iOS 7.1 and above cannot be jailbroken, and non-iPhone 4 and below/iPad 1/iPod touch 4th gen and below cannot downgrade their firmware versions. You'd have to wait for a 7.1/7.1.1 jailbreak to surface, which will more than likely be when an iOS 8 jailbreak surfaces most likely in 2015 Q1

cant i just downgrade reflash something below 7.?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not possible with or without SHSH blobs and APTickets. There aren't any public exploits to utilize to do so, and ones that can be used, developers will not burn for the ability to public downgrade devices for 30 minutes before Apple's servers detects and patches it.

OP
D

detroitwillfall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not possible with or without SHSH blobs and APTickets. There aren't any public exploits to utilize to do so, and ones that can be used, developers will not burn for the ability to public downgrade devices for 30 minutes before Apple's servers detects and patches it.

so just wait in the meantime for ios8 then to be JB right?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Either wait for iOS 8 to be jailbroken, or stay on iOS 7.1.X until a definitive iOS 8 jailbreak is released. Since there's no knowledge of possible exploits and vulnerabilities on iOS 8 until its beta release tomorrow, there're no ways to test/scout for exploits that may still exist or may have been patched. Since the same scenario where you can't downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7 (except for a very brief period of time during the iOS 8 release of possibly several minutes), it's best to stay on an iOS that has already seen a jailbreak (though not publicly released) than to upgrade to a fresh iOS that may take longer to jailbreak or may not see a jailbreak at all even.

Most reactions