What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad2 owner

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you kind folks tell a newbie how I can scan a document on my desk top scanner and import it into my ipad, not even sure this is possible,and or if I can use dropbox or buy an app to import documents, I have several paper copies I would like to get into my ipad some how................thank you & good luck

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi jstout-scan it to your PC. Than the easiest way to get it to your iPad is to email it to yourself and open the attachment on your iPad. You can open it thru your iBooks, or other apps-such as Goodreader or Evernote (free). Hope this helps you.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library,*iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

OP
J

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Skimonkey, I will try the email trick, hope I can figure it out, I appreciate the info.
thanks again & Good luck

OP
J

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got it emailed to my ipad and looks like I could open it with the app"songbook" but when I get into songbook it is not there, what part am i not doing, looked like it was gonna work good, must be one more step Im not doing ?
thanks.

OP
J

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I need to buy a document app, like "Pages" ?
thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If you want to go the dropbox app, just download a document app that connects to dropbox. There are a ton of them just search the android market.

prflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I do is scan or print the document as a PDF file, then I email this document to my email address. When I open the email and try to open the document on the Ipad it will ask you which application you want to open it with (the number and name of applications may vary according to applications installed on Ipad that can open PDF files). iBooks can open pdf files but personally i use PDF Reader.

Hope this helps you!!

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get USB lite ( free) or the pro version and add the .pdf file via itunes and open it on your ipad. I use the pro version and normally open it with Upad or notes, numbers or keynote depending on what the document is

Most reactions

Latest posts