What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP in upgrading firmware on an already jailbroken iPAD.

semajmik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad currently running on a 3.2 firmware and its already jailbroken.
I want to upgrade to 4.1 or whichever 4.0 version that is untethered, however, I am not too sure on how to upgrade my firmware without losing all my jailbroken apps.

Can someone list me a step by step instruction on how I can:
1.) upgrade my firmware to 4.~ without losing any information
2.) jailbreak it again with the new firmware.

Thanks!:ipad-keyboard:

OP
S

semajmik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well I don't need the latest 4.~ update. Isn't 4.1 untethered? I just need someone to explain the steps on how I can update my firmware without losing any files and jailbreak it again. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well I don't need the latest 4.~ update. Isn't 4.1 untethered? I just need someone to explain the steps on how I can update my firmware without losing any files and jailbreak it again. :)

As SweetPoison told you, there is no untethered jailbreak for iPad at the moment. There has NEVER been any other version of 4.x on the iPad other than 4.2.1... 4.1 was iPhone / iPod only.

BMW Z1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As SweetPoison told you, there is no untethered jailbreak for iPad at the moment. There has NEVER been any other version of 4.x on the iPad other than 4.2.1... 4.1 was iPhone / iPod only.

Thanks for that info, I have been searching for days and only getting info for Ipod/Iphones ETC as I thought there was a IOS 4 or 4.1 for Ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts