What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad2 and3 user. Log in help needed

ShadowJack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my ipad2 last month and have only just begun scratching the surface. My husband bought an ipad3 to out do me lol. Can we set both units up with 1 log-in so we only pay for apps once? Right now I have two paid apps and he has one..can we do something so that we can share those three apps? These are our first Apple products ever.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Yes, if you use the same Apple ID you can share apps, I have two iPads set up differently in iTunes by giving each a unique name but both working from the same ID.

The Archangel

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings ShadowJack. There is an option in iTunes called "home sharing". It allows you to share your music, videos, and apps between up to five different computers. There may be discussions in the forums about this topic. I am using the iPad forums app and it has limited search capabilities. When I tried Safari to get to the ipadforums.net it crashed. So, you'll have to search the forums or Apple's support site for how to use Home Sharing. I learned about home sharing on the apple dot com site.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
S

ShadowJack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I went on my computer and created a new account with a home group on iTunes. I synced both iPads up, but I'm not seeing where I can share.
Currently I have this for logins:
On computer I have Shadow family
On ipad2 I have wife at emailA.com with a bunch of free apps and one paid app
On ipad3 I have husband at emailB.com with one very expensive app

I checked the forum for answers but they never really touch on this.

Most reactions