What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet search history is showing up on husbands phone.

ella13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 that I've had for two+ years. It isn't nor has it ever been added or connected to my Verizon acct. in anyway. My husband and I both have Samsung Galaxy 3s phones on the same Verizon acct. Recently my husband noticed that everything I search on my iPad shows up on his internet search on his phone as if he had searched it himself. However, it does not show up on my phone. We don't share any of the same IDs or log-in information for anything. Everything has always been seperate until we combined our phone bill 6 months ago or longer. His iPad search history does not show up on his phone, only mine. We don't know why it is happening and Verizon has never heard of such a thing. I need to know how to stop it. I don't want my husband to see what I've searched especially with Christmas coming up.

jimdfitting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't buy Apple products and never will, but have the same issue with my search history showing up on my wife's phone. I'm pretty sure Google has something to do with it. Please let me know if you find something out and I will do the same. Thanks, Jim

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't buy Apple products and never will, but have the same issue with my search history showing up on my wife's phone. I'm pretty sure Google has something to do with it. Please let me know if you find something out and I will do the same. Thanks, Jim
Welcome to iPad Forums!

The OP hasn’t been back since 2013. I don’t think she’ll return.

Which browser are you both using? If it’s Chrome: Is the app connected to the same email account?

jimdfitting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

The OP hasn’t been back since 2013. I don’t think she’ll return.

Which browser are you both using? If it’s Chrome: Is the app connected to the same email account?
Yes, Chrome. Not connected to the same email accounts by her or me on purpose. Perhaps they were somehow linked when I tried to sign us both up for Google FI using pixel phones. My phone connected but hers didn't. Their customer service is non existent so we bailed and shortly after that everything went to poopoo.

jimdfitting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Chrome. Not connected to the same email accounts by her or me on purpose. Perhaps they were somehow linked when I tried to sign us both up for Google FI using pixel phones. My phone connected but hers didn't. Their customer service is non existent so we bailed and shortly after that everything went to poopoo.
Do you think if we both deleted Chrome from our phones and reinstalled it, it would make a difference?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think if we both deleted Chrome from our phones and reinstalled it, it would make a difference?
I don’t think that’s necessary. Just take a look at the settings in Chrome. On the iPad, it’s possible to turn off syncing in the Chrome app. Depending on your devices, it might look something like this:
79544478-B111-4EED-B387-E83B5E0087DF.png

If is looks similar, just turn off “Sync Everything”, or go to “Sign Out and Turn Off Sync”.

jimdfitting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s necessary. Just take a look at the settings in Chrome. On the iPad, it’s possible to turn off syncing in the Chrome app. Depending on your devices, it might look something like this:
View attachment 94623
If is looks similar, just turn off “Sync Everything”, or go to “Sign Out and Turn Off Sync”.
We turned off sync On our 4 computers on the same Wi-Fi network and both of our phones but Beth gets my search history and not her own. I installed my VPN on my phone today. Not sure if that's going to do anything about the current issues.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I‘m not sure that will help.

It seems that‘s not a problem originating from an iPad, and since I don‘t own Android devices any more, I can‘t help any further. Sorry!

jimdfitting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your time. I found that my wife's phone was logged into my Google account. Once I was able to log her on using her own account on her phone everything was good. How her phone had my Google account is a mystery. She didn't even know there was such a thing. Google is invasive.

Most reactions