What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad user, any recommanded apps?

MiTakko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im new to ipad, have been using it for couple weeks(had it for like a month, just didn really use it other than ibook and safari). What are some recommanded apps on the ipad? Anthing gose, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What types of apps do you want/what types of things do you want to use your iPad for? You gotta narrow it down a little bit!

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check out AppAdvice's AppStart for iPad app for a broad range of suggestions and tips. The MacWorld iPad 2 Starter Guide in the iBook store is also free, and worth checking out.

Neither has been updated for iOS 5, but that won't matter for most of the content.

OP
M

MiTakko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually got my ipad as a gift from my girlfriend, so i dont really know what i can use it for. I did get avplayer, and i just realized that ipad apps are alot more expansive than iphone apps, so i would like to know what iam getting before i get them. What kind of apps did you guys get when you got ur ipads?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To find free apps, a good place to start is to just go in the iTunes store and view all of the top apps in each category. There's a free column and a paid column. There is also an app I like called AppShopper, it lists the apps that have price drops. A few apps are free for a day or to sometimes, and I've gotten a few decent ones for free that way, too!

I have over 100 apps, and not one of them did I pay for!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
M

MiTakko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appshopper has been awesome, looking at alot of price droped apps right now

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I could help! AppShopper was a great discovery for me. A lot of it are things I'm not interested in, but once a week or so I find something good on there. I got a Yoga one today, originally $5.99!

Most reactions

Latest posts