What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a New User of an Ipad. App help pls?

vcapella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! im a new ipad user. can anybody help me what nice apps to get? i also have a 5 yr old kid, what app should i get him as well?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know of the good apps for kids seeing as I don't have any, but what apps are you looking for for yourself? I have apps of all kinds so I can probably help you there.

I use my iPad a lot for reading the news, and I really like the Politico, AP, and USA Today apps. I like Fox News for streaming news from 9a-5p as well as see videos from their primetime shows.

For humor, I really like The Onion's app.

If you're a Twitter user, I personally like Echofon.

If you're a Netflix member and have streaming in your plan, Netflix is a must.

I'm not a huge gamer but I like Words with Friends and Sudoku a lot. Dice with Friends, which is Yahtzee, is fun too.

My suggestions are kind of dull, I apologize! Browse the forums for other app ideas. What I did too was just look through iTunes’ most popular apps in each category and found great ones that way.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll see several threads for Office apps, if you need the iPad for business. Also there's a regular poster who posts details of free children's books for the iPad; she usually posts an update every Friday, so have a look in the iBooks section for her latest update.

Tim

OP
V

vcapella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know of the good apps for kids seeing as I don't have any, but what apps are you looking for for yourself? I have apps of all kinds so I can probably help you there.

I use my iPad a lot for reading the news, and I really like the Politico, AP, and USA Today apps. I like Fox News for streaming news from 9a-5p as well as see videos from their primetime shows.

For humor, I really like The Onion's app.

If you're a Twitter user, I personally like Echofon.

If you're a Netflix member and have streaming in your plan, Netflix is a must.

I'm not a huge gamer but I like Words with Friends and Sudoku a lot. Dice with Friends, which is Yahtzee, is fun too.

My suggestions are kind of dull, I apologize! Browse the forums for other app ideas. What I did too was just look through iTunes’ most popular apps in each category and found great ones that way.

thanks GPG! im kind of a social network's kind of guy. but i really appreciate the suggestions especially echofon. thanks a lot!

OP
V

vcapella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll see several threads for Office apps, if you need the iPad for business. Also there's a regular poster who posts details of free children's books for the iPad; she usually posts an update every Friday, so have a look in the iBooks section for her latest update.

Tim

Hi Tim, thank you. I heard about this children's book called Ashlad and his good helpers. do you know where i can find it? ive been looking all day for it. i dont think its released yet. but i heard it has good graphics and a good story for children.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Echofon is the best one I've tried so far. I like the live updating and I just think the interface is nice. I'm not in love with MyPad but hopefully an official Facebook app comes with iOS 5!

RedCoil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a niece and nephew around that age and every time I see them they commandeer my iPad. They love the Angry Birds games. They also like Solar Walk, iFireworksLite, Molecules and the Mars/Moon Globe apps.

GoPackGo was dead on about the Onion and Netfix apps. I also like Pulse for news. Atomic Web Browser is much better than Safari, at least IMO. Epicurious is great if you cook a lot. As a science nerd I love Nature's app. I also play Dungeon 2 HD from time to time.

It depends on your interests really. Google "best (insert category/interest) apps" and you'll likely get lots of tips.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Pulse due to my friend Heather's suggestion, but I haven't tried it yet!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions