What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad "Siri" speech to text feature

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to find a keyboard (e.g. Apple Bluetooth) shortcut to invoke the New iPad's "Siri" speech to text?

If not, and you are an external keyboard user, please suggest this keyboard shortcut to Apple:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Thanks.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, there is no Siri on the iPad. The dictation feature on the iPad may take time to get a keyboard shortcut, but considering the limited usage of it, I do not see it being used that much. It is more likely to be used when using the on screen keyboard.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your bluetooth keyboard has an eject key on it, pressing that will bring up the on-screen keyboard and from there you can press the microphone to use dictation.

OP
M

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
If your bluetooth keyboard has an eject key on it, pressing that will bring up the on-screen keyboard and from there you can press the microphone to use dictation.

Thanks AC_QC! That is a great workaround.

Cheers.

OP
M

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

Sorry, I meant AO_QC. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks AC_QC! That is a great workaround.

Cheers.

Glad it worked. On my keyboard, there is a blue "keyboard" key that is shared with the ^/6 key. So I press that along with the fn key.

Ken Randall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to access the Voice to Text "Siri Lite" key with my physical Apple bluetooth keyboard. I found the EJECT button (far upper-right of keyboard) brings up (toggles) the soft-keyboard on-screen and there is the Siri key next to the SPACE bar. Admittedly this is a two-step process that I would prefer to be a single or double keystroke directly on the bluetooth keyboard, but at least you can go back and forth between physical bluetooth keyboard and Siri key easily.

Ken Randall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a different experience. The voice-to-text is extremely useful, and yet having a physical keyboard is also faster than the on-screen version. The EJECT button allows me to combine the two methods of input - a great time saver.

Most reactions

Latest posts