What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad screen bleed - hugely dissapointed

AngryNerd123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
Paid out £559 for my new iPad white 64gb wifi , got it home and loaded everything up wow what a difference between the iPad 2
I was very impressed until I came to use the iPad last night .... On the iPad 2 I suffered screen bleed on the sides and also could see the backlight when I looked at the iPad 2 when flat ... Surely I thought apple had sorted it ... Wrong was I

Turned on my new iPad last night SAME PROBLEM ! Surely apple would have learned ?

Why is the new retina display suffering from screen bleed I thought it was a new all singing and dancing screen ?

What bothers me is that apple will only replace the iPad once for screen bleed but u won't know if the new one has screen bleed until apple replace it ... This isn't good for something I've had one day !

Is there a major issue with the new iPad like the iPad 2 ?

Should I not bother replacing it via apple ? Is it such a major problem ?

Apart from that WOW it's amazing :)

Apple should really watch how they are making some of their iPads.

Sent from my only iPad using iPF

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not good is it .. Me thinks I will be creating holy hell on Tuesday with apple ... Cheesed off isn't the word and don't appreciate having to traipse back to the store for a replacement.

On my iPad 2 was told I was only allowed one swap for light bleed and I couldn't check the replacement to make sure it was ok .. The guy said I couldn't keep checking till I got one which had none (luckily the replacement had none) let them try that with the new iPad there will be one hell of a big stink being kicked up !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
It's not good is it .. Me thinks I will be creating holy hell on Tuesday with apple ... Cheesed off isn't the word and don't appreciate having to traipse back to the store for a replacement.

On my iPad 2 was told I was only allowed one swap for light bleed and I couldn't check the replacement to make sure it was ok .. The guy said I couldn't keep checking till I got one which had none (luckily the replacement had none) let them try that with the new iPad there will be one hell of a big stink being kicked up !

Personally I would give them the benefit of the doubt. There have been reports of poor service but even more reports of good service (which is my experience). So I would try the polite approach first.......just sayin'

The Archangel

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Personally I would give them the benefit of the doubt. There have been reports of poor service but even more reports of good service (which is my experience). So I would try the polite approach first.......just sayin'

The Archangel

Don't worry I'm not the impolite type lol .... I normally do get good service but was shocked at the one member of staff who spoiled it last time ... If I'm not happy I'll speak with the manager ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
Don't worry I'm not the impolite type lol .... I normally do get good service but was shocked at the one member of staff who spoiled it last time ... If I'm not happy I'll speak with the manager ;)

Good plan, there are rogue employees in every organisation and like you if I have to lose my cool I would rather do it with someone that matters rather than someone who can only toe the company line.

Good luck and let us know how you get on?

The Archangel

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
I've booked appt Tuesday .. Here are some pics the screen is bad

I've got to say I found your pictures really useful to adjust my backlight on the iPad. When I set it too high I cannot read the header but when it's right I can actually read the time and other info. ;-)

scaramonga

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The Archangel

Yeah I agree. I only had just about an inch of light coming through on my screen, and the support was terrific, no arguments, no questions, just great service and they agreed with me that it was unacceptable, even at that level.

It's tempting to go in with all guns blazing, but go easy ;) :D

Hope it all works out for ya buddy! :)

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my iPad back to apple .. Was told they couldn't see the bleed and white light showing through .
I was offered a refund which I took and now have bought a 64gb iPad 2 direct from apple it's refurbished and was £420 ok screen isn't as nice but no bleed what so ever !
Think I'll wait for iPad 4

Most reactions

Latest posts