What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad owner. Facebook choppy... Normal?

VTHokiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just got the new iPad (came from galaxy tab 10.1) and the Facebook application is horribly laggy and choppy. Is this normal for the app itself, or do I have a defective device? Thanks in advance for your responses.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, is it choppy and laggy in any other apps? Mine is not horrible, but it is laggy and choppy. I would have ot conclude that it is the app at fault as Im pretty sure my device is fine. FB took forever to even consider developing an iPad app as they didn't even think the iPad was a mobile device.

Last edited:

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Facebook app on both the iPad and iPhone is utter crap. For a multi-billion dollar tech company you'd think they'd come up with at least a decent app. It's because of this that I rarely check Facebook.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
6mildollarman said:
The Facebook app on both the iPad and iPhone is utter crap. For a multi-billion dollar tech company you'd think they'd come up with at least a decent app. It's because of this that I rarely check Facebook.

They'd rather not have spent time on an iPad app.....better to spend all their time figuring out how to track our every move and turn that info into $$$$.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
They'd rather not have spent time on an iPad app.....better to spend all their time figuring out how to track our every move and turn that info into $$$$.

Haha, true! Although they can't track my activity if I don't bother logging onto their app. I rarely use my pc for social media nowadays (only use it for work-related stuff). My iPad is my main personal device and it's pretty much glued to my hand. I still can't believe FB didn't consider the iPad to be a mobile device!

LeonKaiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. The FB app is laggy. Sometimes even hangs on me. I suppose it's the app. Other apps run very smoothly.

Most reactions