What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this "NORMAL" ??

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey fellas
new here, sorry if this is a repost..just bought a new iPad last week, and I don't know if this is normal of all ipad.

problem:
when watching video from youtube, i can see 4 red lines flashing down the screen in full screen mode..you can see it clearly especially if the background of the video is black. it'll be on for a little bit then go away, then come back on again..it's really annoying.. is this normal or do i have a defect in the video software??

brand new ipad from best buy. firmware 3.2.2 (out of luck for JB as i found out)..

thanks in advance and sorry if it's a repost..i tried searching for "red flashing line" "red line when watching video" "red lines" "flashing red lines" ..etc..no good...need a direct answer..

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont think so, take it back have it replaced.

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use youtube every day on my ipad. I dont have that issue,so i would replace it asp!

OP
N

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the confirmation. Took it back to best buy tonight, waits 15mins while they check out the issue. They went and got me a brand new one. The new one works perfectly, no more red lines.

This thread can be lock now..

Most reactions