What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini rip off!

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't really want the 64GB mini when I first purchased it. I figured since I use my iPod touch for my music I would only need a 16GB model just to run apps on. The only reason I did was because the 64GB was the only model available on Walmart's website at the time, and being an employee I wanted to be able to use my 10% discount. But without even trying I have already downloaded over 20GB worth of apps in just a short time. I'm now glad I have all that extra space. It will also come in handy the next time I go on a trip since I'll be able to store a lot of movies to watch and still have plenty of room for recording videos and taking pictures of the experince. What's the point of even having a tablet if it can't do everything you need it to do because it lacks the space to do it? Would you buy a laptop if it only had 16GB of memory? Hell no!!!

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For you, 64 GB is what you need. I don't take many pictures with my ipad at all, or videos for that matter. I take a digital camera for photos and video- pictures are important to me, and the quality of photos on the ipad just doesn't compare in most cases. I also don't store movies on it. Once it's watched, it gets deleted. I use streaming most of the time for that anyway.

As far as apps, I rotate them through, because every so often, I get bored with them. I have a 16 GB Mini and still have 7GB left. I don't need a 64 GB at all. I also think you can't compare an iPad to a laptop- two different beasts.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Squirrel71 said:
For you, 64 GB is what you need. I don't take many pictures with my ipad at all, or videos for that matter. I take a digital camera for photos and video- pictures are important to me, and the quality of photos on the ipad just doesn't compare in most cases. I also don't store movies on it. Once it's watched, it gets deleted. I use streaming most of the time for that anyway.

As far as apps, I rotate them through, because every so often, I get bored with them. I have a 16 GB Mini and still have 7GB left. I don't need a 64 GB at all. I also think you can't compare an iPad to a laptop- two different beasts.

You nailed it! I agree 100%

Most reactions

Latest posts