What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad disabled

kattb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got husband the new 9.7 2017. Was setting up, installed from his iCloud, made mistake on passcode and while it was taking forever to activate code thought I would turn it off then on hoping to start from start, it now wants a code I do not even think it has set up. No computers here just my ipad and his new one I can not get into or finish set up. Nearest apple store is 3 hours away so forget that. I want to reset everything. Help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can call Apple Tech Support free for up to 90 days after purchase. It's part of the standard warantee. If they can't solve it over the phone, they will probalby want to you ship it to them for resolution.

OP
K

kattb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(I might see if I can find my old not used since 2011, laptop and if can charge see if I can use it. So dumb . We never put lock come on husbands ipad, makes it to hard for him and he has nothing sensitive on it. Sigh, never try to set anything up when you are tired.:rolleyes:

Thank you. BTW...where do I find apple support phone # (number)?

Kathy Baird

Last edited:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should have received a leaflet with the Warranty details when you purchased the iPad. The correct number will be on that. It may vary according to the country you are in.

Most reactions