What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"New iPad" Cover/sleeve

anthonyq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a new member to the forums,having just bought the "New iPad". I would like to here from you experianced iPaders, which do you find is the best cover/sleeve (if that is what they are called) for the new ipad.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi anthonyq,
Presently, I'm using the wonderful and useful booklet from the hard working folks over at Gnarlyfish. I purchased it at The Source
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...e&category=Tablet-accessories&product=1711339

The main reason I love this cover, aside from the fact that's it's actually designed and created in a nice dark genuine leather.
It also has a marvelous Bluetooth keyboard built in, which makes it extremely user friendly. & It's very comfortable to type on, while the iPad is in the vertical position.
It's quite easy too, to simply remove the tablet from its confines, when I want to clean the screen with a lens cloth and cleaning fluid.
Or when I am in flying-cruise control mode mood, soaring with my Parrot Ar Drone 2.0.

Ah, good luck finding a nice protective cover for your iPad.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi anthonyq,
Presently, I'm using the wonderful and useful booklet from the hard working folks over at Gnarlyfish. I purchased it at The Source
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Tablet-accessories&product=1711339

The main reason I love this cover, aside from the fact that's it's actually designed and created in a nice dark genuine leather.
It also has a marvelous Bluetooth keyboard built in, which makes it extremely user friendly. & It's very comfortable to type on, while the iPad is in the vertical position.
It's quite easy too, to simply remove the tablet from its confines, when I want to clean the screen with a lens cloth and cleaning fluid.
Or when I am in flying-cruise control mode mood, soaring with my Parrot Ar Drone 2.0.

Ah, good luck finding a nice protective cover for your iPad.

Chas

Chas,

I watched the video, it seems that this unit is very thick and a bit heavy. I have the logitec keyboard and it's very thin and light. What are your thoughts on these two important points?

Leo

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi luckyleo,
Yes, it is thick and heavy, just as was the thick and heavy sack of change it cost me, that this awesome unit was to purchase.
I looked at a couple of those other plastic covers that were available that day and had no interest in those items.
Looking good and feeling great are prerequisites for me as well as price.
It didn't seem the other cases were of much essence, aside from multiple color choices.
Besides I do leather work as a hobby, so this booklet, with Blue Tooth keyboard, fits right in to my liking already.

The Bluetooth does on occasion, seem to lose it's connectivity with my iPad, but that's the only minor flaw which I have noticed already.
But it's a nice snug fit, and it does look quite handsome. Much like it's present owner, I do declare. Smile

I hope that you find a case or cover that pleases you, as much as this one does me.

Ah, wishing you good hunting.

Chas

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not want a keyboard, just protection for the iPad. It took me a lot of looking and reading reviews at Amazon, but I decided on the Targus A7 iPad Slip Case for $14. It has arrived, and I'm very pleased.

Lane

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got tired of not having arrow keys, so I went keyboard shopping. I found the Snugg at Amazon for about $45, and I'm fairly pleased with it. Its case is aluminum, so it matches the iPad, and the two devices snap together and fit in my Targus sleeve. The keyboard is smart, so I use it to put the iPad to sleep.

Most reactions

Latest posts