What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad calendar colors

Steve220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new ipad has a default calendar color that is very different from my iPad 2. On the new iPad, events are purple and on the old one they are blue. Anyone else have this? Any way to change the purple back to blue?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My new ipad has a default calendar color that is very different from my iPad 2. On the new iPad, events are purple and on the old one they are blue. Anyone else have this? Any way to change the purple back to blue?

Are you syncing with Hotmail or Gmail or similar? If so, remove your account from the iPad and then re add it. Each time an account is added a new colour is assigned to the account. Unfortunately, there is no way to specify what this colour is.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Once that was true. I'm not sure what exact iOS update did it (5.0 I think), but it is now possible to change your calendar colors.

Select the Calendar button at the top left. Tap the Edit button. Select the calendar you want to change the color, select your color, and Done.

CalColors.jpg

No custom colors, but 7 choices should enough for most people.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once that was true. I'm not sure what exact iOS update did it (5.0 I think), but it is now possible to change your calendar colors.

Select the Calendar button at the top left. Tap the Edit button. Select the calendar you want to change the color, select your color, and Done.

View attachment 11734

No custom colors, but 7 choices should enough for most people.

Sweet. I didn't realise they added this. Every day is a school day as they say! :)
Thanks.

melchioe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why when I change the color of a subscribed calendar, it changes back within a few minutes? It appears that the Exchange calendars that come through from my work calendars (there are 11 of them) appear stable. I also use subscriptions to add a number of other calendars (each of my staff members, meeting rooms, and such). I would like all of my staff to share a color (say, green). When I subscribe to each of their calendars, they have an assortment of colors. If I set the subscribed calendars to green (or any other color) using the technique described by twerppoet, they change back to their original color within about 5 minutes. Calendars created through an Exchange account do not appear to suffer from the change-back issue. I was wondering if anyone had any clues before I submitted a bug report to Apple.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is how GMail via Exchange used to work. The colors changed to whatever they wanted to, and sometimes changed again a few minutes later.

My only suggestion is to try subscribing to the calendars from the GMail site, and then letting them sync through your GMail Exchange account. It will be up to each person to set the color as suggested.

Though with more than 11 calendars, you're bound to end up with too few colors.

zwommie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry for reopening this old thread,but it fits exactly to my problem.

It's indeed possible to change calendar colors, but not from those imported as CALDAV account from Google calendar accounts.

I added 3 different calendars (my private one, my business calendar and my wife's calendar : all 3 Google calendars) and strangely my iPad gives 2 of them the same color and another one a different color. My question is : how to change colors from those Google cal accounts?

Tia,
Zwommie

zwommie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allright,

Problem solved and even more : the app 'calendar color picker' does the trick and even more!
Not free, but only €1,57 to solve big issue for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts